Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 December, 2009, 11:40:07 AM
Seriously?  I've never seen that in RL. Careful that Them don't use the ice as a bridge to the Cold Place.  Pictures, RAC, pictures!

I've seen the edge of the sea freeze in Brighton in the 1970s and in Swansea in the winter of 1990-1991.
STRIKE !!!

Van Dom

My 3 year old son, while playing cars with his sister last night, slipped and fell into some shelves, whacking his face off the corner of a photo frame and cutting his cheek quite badly.
Took him into A&E and were left waiting for a f**king hour before anyone would look at him, and then when he did get seen, they discovered that they didn't have any of a special suturing glue "in stock" and had to send some orderly off to another clinic to get some. FFS.
Anyway, he got fixed up but the bad thing is he's going to be scarred there, right under his eye. Poor little bugger. He's a damn good looking kid too (if I do say so myself).
Sucks.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Mike Gloady

VD,

I had a bad cut on my face (some nutter attacked me at school with a compass) and was informed I'd have a serious scar from my forehead down to my jawline.  I was 15 or so. 

It HAS scarred.

But I'm the only one who can see all of it, only two or three people have ever noticed the most obvious part of it.  There are scars and scars.  Try not to worry.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Quote from: Van Dom on 16 December, 2009, 08:40:53 AM
Anyway, he got fixed up but the bad thing is he's going to be scarred there, right under his eye. Poor little bugger. He's a damn good looking kid too (if I do say so myself).

The poor little man!  I bloody hate A&E at the best of times, mercifully been spared it with the kids thus far (touching all manner of wood here (quiet, Godpleton)).  As for the scar, he's only wee and you'd be amazed at how much it will fade, and as that wise man Calvin's Dad would have it, it "builds character".

From another perspective, I have a couple of scars on my face from childhood climbing and cycling accidents, and they're about the only part of my appearance I actually like!

Van Dom

Thanks for that guys. Feeling better about it already.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Mike Gloady

Good. 

There's a picture of me on the lookalike thread.  Despite my fecking about with it, *I* can see this huge scar of mine.  I doubt anyone else can.

Dark Jimbo

HUUUGE ructions yesterday afternoon. Everything was tickety-boo in the morning, by evening my family had torn itself apart. All the Christmas decorations have been taken down in a frankly childish fit of pique by my twat of a stepdad, the atmosphere in the house is positively frosty, and the evening was spent packing suitcases and arguing about who gets the dog. My mum's falling apart, people aren't speaking to each other and I don't know where I'm going to be living a week from now.

So.

It ain't going to be much of a Christmas.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mike Gloady

Damn, Jimbo. That's horrible.

I've had a crap year and want to ignore the whole thing.

Dark Jimbo

It's all just confirmed to me why I need to move out, and the sooner the better; ironically, though, the whole thing was caused in part by my mine and my brother's attempt to do just that...

There are things in the pipeline, wheels are in motion, and by February this'll hopefully all be a bad memory and a certain person making my life hell right now I might never need to speak to again - it's just not going to be very pleasant until then.

Reality bites, let's talk about comics instead.
@jamesfeistdraws

Kev Levell

I never really know what to say when bad stuff is happening to good people. My thoughts are with you Jimbo, for what it's worth. It's a cruddy thing to be happening at any time of year - let alone Chrimbo.

Comics and 2000AD especially are definitely part of the cure...

mygrimmbrother

Yeah Jimbo mate, keep your stones dry and your pecker hard (or some such ridiculous masculine pep-talk). Shit stuff is made about 20 times shitter when you have to go through it at christmas. All will hopefully be well soon. So, you read any new and exciting comics?

And Mike - I'm with you there. Lost my mum on the 6th January this year. The last time she knew who I was, was Xmas eve. So I'm giving the whole frigging thing a bit of a miss this year too.

Van Dom

That's just plain shit Jimbo. Reading between the lines of what you are saying, I went through something exactly the same ten years ago this year. It doesn't help much right NOW, at this present moment in time, I know, but - it WILL get better. I didn't speak to certain people for many, many years after this happened but now - well, lets just say we'll all be having christmas dinner together.
Anyway, I hope you make it through to February ok.

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

TordelBack

Lads, FWIW you put my own un-Christmassy feelings into telling perspective, as in: 'these ones are small, those ones are far away'.   Bugger all use to Jimbo, Mike and Grimm, but at least my blessings are being counted now.

Dark Jimbo

Thanks lad, genuinely means a lot.

Hard as it is for me to believe at the mo I keep telling myself 'It could be worse.' It doesn't seem much compared to what Grimm and Mike especially have been through.

The might prog 2009 shall see me through these dark days!
@jamesfeistdraws

uncle fester

Don't know what to say other than what's already been said, Jimbo. Best of luck.