Main Menu

Michael Moorcock's Elric etc.

Started by Mudcrab, 23 December, 2005, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

In the interests of not straying from the point, the following has not been posted to the Ghibli thread...

New Elric Trilogy
I'm currently reading the "final" Eternal Champion book just now, 3rd of the recent Elric trilogy. It's rather damn good, although not as hack n slash as the older ones. Loads of characters coming together from the League of Temporal Adventurers, Von Beks etc and they'll all in Granbretan of all places (The evil empire from the Hawkmoon books). Good old Gaynor von Minct and Klosterheim are of course intent on the destruction of everything. All three (The Dreamthief's Daughter, The Albino in America and The White Wolf's Son) are thoroughly recommended for anyone who's read any of the Eternal Champion "series", especially the Elric ones. Started in 1953/5(?) by all accounts.

Elric: The Making of a Sorceror
Also started the new Elric 'origin' comics (got 1 and 2 of 4 so far) with georgeous art by Walt Simonson. Absolutely superb, dealing with Elric's long dreams (which the recent trilogy have also been part of, kind of).

Some of you may know Elric from the D&D type game of course, which I've never seen myself.

Here's a link to some info on it and more importantly, there's some examples of the artwork. The site (typically) seems to be down right now, but I'm sure it'll be back up once the Conjunction of the Million Spheres has passed...

Link: The Multiverse

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

Not 'typically' for the site that is, but for me linking it.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Max Kon

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Floyd-the-k

Just out of interest Doug, has Moorcock written some new Elric books?
 I loved Moorcock's sf/fantasy when I was in high school, me.http://www.darebin.vic.gov.au/Page/Images/Fido_Public_Art.jpg">

Mudcrab

Yeah, the one's mentioned above. Been out over the last few years. Latest one's still hardback at the moment.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Art

Moorcock, in the Anisble:

"I saw the Universal guys in Hollywood a short time ago and the Elric movie is moving forward nicely. I suspect King Kong will make them more cheerful about fantasy stuff after the predictable disappointments of Riddick and Van Helsing. We have also agreed to shoot in Arizona, which has far stranger and just as dramatic landscapes as NZ and isn't so far to go to work. "

Also he's aparrently being interviewed  by Alan Moore in Blackwell Charing Cross Road on the 18th of January.

Link: http://news.ansible.co.uk/a222.html" target="_blank">http://news.ansible.co.uk/a222.html

carefree

I have dozens of Moorcock paperback books that i have been "asked" to dispose of by the Mrs as they "take up too much room" , "you never bloody read them anyway" and other perfectly logical reasons.
I am prepared to give them to a boarder FOC if they can come and pick them up or meet me half way.
A much better offer than Tarantinos' methinks!!!
Please let me know if someone wants them

Mudcrab

Excellent, good to see it's still trundling along.

Interview sounds interesting too.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Quirkafleeg

>I am prepared to give them to a boarder FOC if they can come and pick them up or meet me half way.

It might be an idea to tell people where you actually live then...

carefree

Hmmm, yes it probably would.

Henley in Arden nr Brum. About 3 miles off the M40

Mudcrab

Hmm, think I'll miss out on that then. Reckon Newcastle would be half way from here :o)

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Quirkafleeg

>Henley in Arden nr Brum

Henley in Arden... can't you just get your butler to drop then round?

carefree

can't you just get your butler to drop then round?

'fraid not, he's not insured to drive the Porsche

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]