Main Menu

What is the standard age of 2000ad readers?

Started by TheMightyOne, 14 September, 2012, 06:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: TheMightyOne on 16 September, 2012, 06:22:19 PM
Loyaute me lie = Seize the day :-*

Ah, that makes more sense. I googled it and it came up with 'loyalty binds me', which confused me a bit.

TheMightyOne

Martin Jameson

45 here too, born in '67. Not really planning any Dredd themed funerals myself although when I feel I've really passed my usefulness I'll probably just take the long walk.....

TheMightyOne

I love how this thread is making people question their own mortality, I feel kind of bad because of it.

M.I.K.

Threads like this one are weird. Usually turns out that some of the people you assumed were a bit older are actually far younger and vice versa. Not as weird as when you think someone's a bloke and they turn out to be a girly, but odd enough.

(38 in December and a bloke, incidentally.)

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: TheMightyOne on 16 September, 2012, 06:22:19 PM
Loyaute me lie = Seize the day :-*

You sure? Its definately French and it translates to Loyalty Binds Me (which is a standard motto for a school, I guess).

Seize the day in latin is Carpe diem. In French Seize the day is Saisir le jour.

Or am I being thick (a distinct possibility)

Van Dom

I was going to say 38 but I just remember I had a birthday a few days ago. Damnit. 39 then.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. But life begins at 40 right? It bloody better!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Spaceghost

Quote from: Mardroid on 16 September, 2012, 01:10:57 AM
I'm 37.

I saw a girl (well woman) at a wedding today (well yesterday as I write this, since it's 12:50 AM)  who I knew from childhood [spoiler]and may have had a little crush on.[/spoiler] She's the same age as me, literally to the day ([spoiler]imagine what my soppy young mind thought of that! Is it meant to be? No it wasn't.[/spoiler] ).

She's married with three kids now... a successful business woman (at least last I heard) and she hasn't really physically changed that much. We chatted briefly and up close I can see she is older (although at a distance you'd hardly tell) but she has aged well. As has her younger sister (coincidentally with a birthday the day before, strange how these work out. Not literally the day before, obviously she's at least 2 years younger. Don't mind me, I'm easily fascinated by these things) .

I'm thinning on top, developed wrinkles (although I think I can pass for a bit younger) and mentally probably not far off from a teenager. (In some way, in others I'm a grumpy old sod. But then I think I had that part of me when I was a teenager too.) Oh and I still live at home* and haven't really done much with my life, but I've never been particularly ambitious. Oh and I seem to be an perpetual bachelor.

That makes me seem miserable, but my life's not that bad really.** It does make me think I should probably try and grab life by the horns (forgive the cliché) before it gets too late though, if it's not already. Not from a business point of view, I care little about that. Just generally be more proactive, if that's the right word.

*A silly turn of phrase. Doesn't everyone live at home? But I'm sure you get what I mean.
**I'm certainly thankful for a good book or comic to read! Really makes life worthwhile. Dear me that is a bit sad, isn't it?

Jeeezus, stop rambling on, granddad.

I'm 41 and I'm planning to grimly hold onto life until someone invents either a rejuvenation treatment, robot bodies or bio-chips.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

klute

35 Though i do still feel the same as i did when i was a teen..discovered 2000ad in 1984 if memory serves thanks to a teacher who was lodging with us at the time,never got the chance to thank him :(
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Martin Jameson

Quote from: Van Dom on 17 September, 2012, 08:16:50 AM
But life begins at 40 right?

No. It's the beginning of the end. Sorry.
Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

opaque

I'm 37.
The looking forwards with me is more a matter of if I can finally get a house how am I going to store my whole 2000ad collection! It's looking like the garage would be full as soon as we moved in :P

SuperSurfer

Isn't somewhere in the mid-20s the beginning of the end?

I count my age backwards now, so doesn't bother me.

Durham_Reds_G_String

I'm 35.

I'm also glad there are others who are my age still reading comics- my wife looks at me as if I am watching Jeremy Kyle when I read them...

klute

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 17 September, 2012, 11:25:38 AM
Isn't somewhere in the mid-20s the beginning of the end?

I count my age backwards now, so doesn't bother me.

Apparently it all end's at 21..... i'm now married with  a house and son, less money in my pockets less time on my hands. going grey and broad around the middle.
Constantly worried about getting old whilst complaining about the current batch of youths in our semi rural suburban village.

My only joy now is waiting forever for the postman to turn up with whatever GN i've bought and how much we can go overboard at christmas spoiling each other...................life truely ended in my twenty's.Would i go back? not for a second.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Moggot Lover

Getting close to the big 40 now, still reading 2000ad so nothing has changed to much in my life since I was 10 apart from getting married and couple of kids  :lol:
"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go." --Col. Tigh. BSG.