Main Menu

Wednesday Night Chat

Started by pauljholden, 05 February, 2008, 05:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

Quote from: the_legendary_shark on 23 July, 2009, 04:38:37 PM
No probs, Ush.

At the risk of sounding all whiney, I wish more of you lovely people would drop by. Recently, it's mainly just been me and Roger Godpleton and Bouwel hanging around, talking Twoothy and waiting for someone else to turn up. Quite disheartening, if I'm honest.

The criticism has been leveled that this isn't irc, but so what? The chatroom's easy to install and use, there is the facility for voice chat and private messages and even a goodly collection of smileys. Not to mention the good company of other Thargophiles.

Maybe if we could get a few droids to turn up, more Twoothy fans might also drop in for a chinwag and a great time could be had by all. Any droids out there fancy dropping by next Wednesday?

Thanks to everyone who has turned up. I'm going to keep on opening the room for as long as possible, or until it dies of apathy, and I ask you to come and at least try it.

Also, I'd like people to let me know whether I'm flogging a dead horse with this or if I should soldier on regardless. Any suggestions?

I feel like a rotter now... :)
I'll stop by next wednesday.

klute

Is the chatroom only open on a wednesday?

Ive looked for it a few times now and its saying its not there????
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Richmond Clements

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: klute77 on 24 July, 2009, 12:05:03 PM
Is the chatroom only open on a wednesday?

Ive looked for it a few times now and its saying its not there????

At the moment, yes, it's only open on Wednesdays. If I can get a few more admins to sign up then we'll be able to have the room open as often as possible - it will stay open only so long as there's at least one person in there. So, if anyone has a computer that's online all or most of the time, that'd mean the room can be open all the time. However, there may be too few people at the moment to make this a useful option. I'll try to open the room up whenever I'm online, but I may not be at my keyboard to chat - if that makes sense...

Oh, and Satchmo, don't feel like a rotter! I think I came across as a bit accusatory and whiney - which wasn't my intention at all. I'm just trying to get this thing off the ground and was seeing if there's enough call for it, is all.  ;D

Thanks again to everyone who's expressed an interest and I think it'd be nice for us to have a room open 24/7 where we can hang out and talk Twoothy b*ll*cks...

*Edit* I'll try to open the room up every night so that people can wander along and have a look, but for now I'll say that only Wednesday night is guaranteed (weather and dodgy ISPs permitting, of course...)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton

I'm in there now. I'd better see some of you in tonight...
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

satchmo

Richmond Clements

COMMANDO FORCES

Try harder, we're all waiting!

The Legendary Shark

Do you know what the problem is? If you're downloading something, that might not be helping...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richmond Clements

I'm clicking on 'enter room' but nothing's happening.

COMMANDO FORCES

Not a bad couple of hours chatting there, but the TV progs are calling so I had to call it a night.
Lets hope we get more next week ;)

House of Usher

"Registrations are not allowed at this time"

Bah. Anyway, Ugly Betty's on! Maybe next Wednesday. This week, family visitors just gone, and I feel like I've missed a night's sleep.
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

I don't think it's your fault, RAC, the connection's been choppy all night. Technology, eh? Bah.

Thanks everyone for dropping by (or attempting to drop by). Maybe t'internet just doesn't like Squaxx...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richmond Clements

No worries, I think I'm about next Wednesday too, so I'll give it a go then.

Roger Godpleton

Starting in half an hour. If people don't come then I'm afraid that I cannot be held be responsible for my future actions...
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!