Main Menu

New Rebellion HC GN'S

Started by Marbles, 21 September, 2002, 05:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

According to a post on the alt.comics.2000ad list they are coming in Decemeber and will be :-

BUTTON MAN: THE KILLING GAME GN
HEWLIGAN'S HAIRCUT GN

Allegedly.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Tu-plang

paulvonscott

I've never really spared Button man any time, so I'm looking forward to this (if it's true), I've only read bits of the first series.

Hewligans haircut is pretty odd, but I rembmer it fairly fondly.

opaque

I've got the originals of both of these and these are VERY thin.
Button Man could include all the series and be large but Hewligans Haircut can't be streched out anymore.
How is this going to work?

Jonas.Vesterlund

Waht is Hewligans Haircut about. I have never heard of it...but then, I do not read 200 AD as often as I would like to...

Slippery PD

Written by Milligan and Hewlitt (same guy who did the gorillaz and some TV animation)

Throway comedy series about a charater with mad hair (honest :-)), if my memory serves my correctly it was very funny in places and was pretty irrevalent.  Im sure the others will fill you in on the blanks.

- yer Slippo

Wood

Hewligan's Haircut is one of my favourite series ever. It rocked. Hewligan was a lunatic whose haircut made reality go wonky. Although that doesn't do justice to it. It was a worked of skewed, anarchic genius. Bet the Watcher hated it. :p

Apparently when they were doing the first GN they rang up Vidal Sassoon for a quote, who said "this is not the sort of thing we want to be involved in," which they ran anyway.

Leigh S

Nah - no problem with most of Milligans stuff  - Hewligans haircut was cleverly done stuff, and for once the cartoony art suited the story.  Hmmm, Just cos I hate most things, I'm not sure why you think I'd hate this Wood!

Wood

Just cos you hate most things, actually. :)

Leigh S

Matt

Let's not forget Tank Girl which was just about the sole reason for buying Deadline. Hewligans Haircut is pure class. Lets hope the new version comes with the cut-out cover that the original did.