Main Menu

Napalm Death, Apex Predator - Easy Meat!

Started by NapalmKev, 31 January, 2015, 01:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpongeJosh

Quote from: Greg M. on 26 July, 2015, 08:23:45 PM
Quote from: SpongeJosh on 26 July, 2015, 08:12:23 PM
Might ND turn up for a 10 sec set???

That's easily long enough for them to do 'You Suffer' seven or eight times.

Very tempted by the Glasgow date for the Deathcrusher tour - the day after my birthday and a Saturday? It'd almost be rude not to.

Or they could do 'Dead' twice off F.E.T.O album :lol:

I missed ND at Download Festival 2010 because the misses wanted watch Slash. Ive never let her forget it. SO DO IT!!!

Still aint seen ND btw!! Seen Slash 5 bleddy times now! I think she owes me a trip to see Carcass  :D

Greg M.

I've seen ND once, at a venue in Aberdeen - Barney was full of energy, but the stage was a bit small, so he was able to take about two steps before being in danger of falling off. It was like watching a frustrated zoo animal in an enclosure that wasn't big enough for it. They were good though.

SpongeJosh

Quote from: Greg M. on 26 July, 2015, 08:48:13 PM
I've seen ND once, at a venue in Aberdeen - Barney was full of energy, but the stage was a bit small, so he was able to take about two steps before being in danger of falling off. It was like watching a frustrated zoo animal in an enclosure that wasn't big enough for it. They were good though.

LAMO :lol: Throw him a banana! I think Barney is like that on any stage.

Thats the best summary for what he does on stage and small stages in general.

...thats tickled me  :lol: :lol: :lol:  Good one :thumbsup:

locustsofdeath!

Napalm Death is playing tonight in Houston with Faith No More:

http://www.houstonpress.com/music/faith-no-more-enjoy-writing-their-own-rules-nowadays-7615474

I wish they were touring with FNM; I'm seeing FNM in Philly on August 1st.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Greg M. on 26 July, 2015, 08:23:45 PM
That's easily long enough for them to do 'You Suffer' seven or eight times.
I'm sure I've trotted this story out before, but just thinking about it never fails to make me laugh.

One afternoon in the mid-nineties I was listening to Sub City Radio, which was a sort of occasional pop-up station centred around Glasgow School of Art. The DJ was making a song and dance about having fifty quid of Fopp vouchers to give away to the first person to phone (imagine!) in during the next song. The next song was You Suffer.

Nobody won.
We never really die.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: SpongeJosh on 26 July, 2015, 08:12:23 PM
Im planning on going to Wolverhampton on the 23rd Oct. Might ND turn up for a 10 sec set??? Highly unlikely but i can only wish lol.  :lol:

Did you go along? Saw them up in London last night, and they were in top form. What a fecking line-up that was.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Greg M.

Saw the Deathcrusher tour line-up on Saturday in Glasgow – Napalm Death were a definite standout, though I was excited to see Voivod, a band I've loved for years and never seen live till now. Carcass were also smashing - their recent-ish Surgical Steel is a stunning record, and they played some of its highlights, including the remarkably catchy 'The Granulating Dark Satanic Mills'. But when it came to energetic frontmen, Barney had 'em all beat – his wild lurching and gesticulation were like that of a man who'd just been pushed out of a moving vehicle and was now running along the roadside, fending off invisible bees.

Citi-Def_Joe

Had a ticket for last nights London gig and couldnt go due f*&@ing work, totally gutted

richerthanyou

Listening to this now. In the first track is he supposed to sound like a Daelek or am I just really drunk.

Either way it's awesome :D

Metaphorically Screw You is my favorite track so far. And the album cover rocks too!

(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

SpongeJosh

Quote from: richerthanyou on 19 February, 2016, 07:59:16 AM
Metaphorically Screw You is my favorite track so far. And the album cover rocks too!
Yeah thats a killer track! My fav is "How the Years Condemn", love the ending of it - tom fills, snare rolls, BLAST!!  :thumbsup:

repoman

Although Carcass' Necrotism is my favourite death metal album ever, I think ND might be the best death metal band.

They've not compromised at all and seem to be getting heavier as they go along.  That said, I do tend to favour their moodier stuff.  They sometimes do some really good discordant guitar stuff and that helps break up the blast beat riffier stuff.

I've not really absorbed the Apex album but on early listening Stubborn Stains was the best track for me.

Silence is Deafening is my fave track by them.  When All is Said and Done is great.  I don't mind them being a bit catchy with that one.

More Than Meets The Eye has the best bit though.  The section from 1:44 to 2:22 is just so good.

I really like Morale, especially the terrible video they did for it.  Speaking of terrible videos, Analysis Paralysis is so bad.  I wish they used that little four note intro riff like 500% more in the song.  Good song nonetheless.