Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Interesting question on the FB group as to whether currently out of stock books will ever be reprinted. A positive answer for anyone who fell off:
QuoteThe issues that are now showing as out of stock, will be available we are still waiting for new stock as soon as we have stock it will be advertised.

IndigoPrime

Here's hoping for those that need them, but then this is a company that quite often makes promises and doesn't follow through, so I'd suggest taking that with a pinch of salt. (They do need to be careful with the 2000 AD collection though – it'd not going to go down well if people sub from issue 1 after the Dredd collection, only to be told a year down the line that issues are out of print.)

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 June, 2018, 10:24:07 AM
Here's hoping for those that need them, but then this is a company that quite often makes promises and doesn't follow through, so I'd suggest taking that with a pinch of salt. (They do need to be careful with the 2000 AD collection though – it'd not going to go down well if people sub from issue 1 after the Dredd collection, only to be told a year down the line that issues are out of print.)
In that instance they just send the next books until they become available again don't they? Not the end of the world, although communicating reasons to subscribers tends not to happen.

IndigoPrime

"until they become available again"

That's the problem – it depends whether they actually will become available. Perhaps I'm being too negative, but given that they can't even seem to shift basic subscription scheduling with the 2000 AD Collection, I don't put too much faith in them making good on reprinting old issues of various OOP books.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 June, 2018, 11:05:17 AM
given that they can't even seem to shift basic subscription scheduling with the 2000 AD Collection
I may have finally broken them in this respect. Waiting to see what actually turns up next week, will post as I have more information...

Tinmachine

That is interesting news. I may just bite the bullet and buy them Ebay. Basically double the cost but I don't really want to run the risk of them not being reprinted. If the series is still being offered for subscription, I'd assume they'd be reprinted. But who knows?

Thinking of stopping at 80. I like what is to come, but pretty much have it all covered by the collections I have. So it'd be a double dip, that said some of the series was triple dipping, and in some cases (what is the word dipping 4 times?) the fourth (dipping) go around.

Really did enjoy the Judge Dredd Universe editions with material from the Mega Collection. Virtually had read none of it before and in that regard it was a treat. There was a lot of quality stories left out, but I guess that is the way of things in a collection like this.

Robes

Did everyone get a free copy of 2000ad ultimate collection issue 1?  Very nice, but I'm already subscribed!

IndigoPrime

Yes, I got one. Still, it'll make a nice gift for a friend.

moogie101

Quote from: paulbyrnewex on 02 June, 2018, 02:57:03 PM
Due to various things I missed Issue 84 Blood of Emeralds in my local newsagents. Does anyone know if i purchase it from the Hachette shop will it come with the reprint issue aswell ?

No it doesn't. Just had a delivery of the last three books I was missing as never subscribed and 84 was one of them.

Shame the spines don't match up from 80-81 but can't justify spending a tenner to correct their ridiculous mistake.

IndigoPrime

Frankly, plenty of the other spines in my collection don't match up anyway – number 5's (Necropolis) is very obviously misaligned.

Tomontherun94

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 June, 2018, 10:24:07 AM
Here's hoping for those that need them, but then this is a company that quite often makes promises and doesn't follow through, so I'd suggest taking that with a pinch of salt. (They do need to be careful with the 2000 AD collection though – it'd not going to go down well if people sub from issue 1 after the Dredd collection, only to be told a year down the line that issues are out of print.)
They did get some books back in stock. Insurrection and Judge Child were out of stock for ages and were eventually delivered as part of my sub before I cancelled it. Idk what they'll do now though as the series is officially over.

paulbyrnewex

Quote from: moogie101 on 26 June, 2018, 02:22:32 PM
Due to various things I missed Issue 84 Blood of Emeralds in my local newsagents. Does anyone know if i purchase it from the Hachette shop will it come with the reprint issue aswell ?

No it doesn't. Just had a delivery of the last three books I was missing as never subscribed and 84 was one of them.

Shame the spines don't match up from 80-81 but can't justify spending a tenner to correct their ridiculous mistake.

I asked on Facebook page and was told "When you place an order for 84 it will automatically be sent with a replacement of issue 44. if it happens that issue 44 is not included you can request a replacement of 44 using your order number."

moogie101

Quote from: paulbyrnewex on 27 June, 2018, 11:33:30 AM
Quote from: moogie101 on 26 June, 2018, 02:22:32 PM

I asked on Facebook page and was told "When you place an order for 84 it will automatically be sent with a replacement of issue 44. if it happens that issue 44 is not included you can request a replacement of 44 using your order number."

Cheers, just sent an email off.

Apestrife

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 June, 2018, 03:14:46 PM
Frankly, plenty of the other spines in my collection don't match up anyway – number 5's (Necropolis) is very obviously misaligned.

I've put 30* of mine in a -sort of- chronological order (For example starting with Robot wars, Cursed earth, Day the law died, Judge Death, Judge Child, Apocalypse war, ending with DoC bks 1-3 and Blood of emeralds). Love to see the faces of friends who's existence hangs on things being in an absolute order muhaha :lol:

*need the shelf space.

wedgeski

If, say, I didn't yet have a collected _America_, is there any difference between the 2013 collected edition and the Mega Collection one (apart from the cover)..?