Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: wedgeski on 28 June, 2018, 09:54:25 AM
If, say, I didn't yet have a collected _America_, is there any difference between the 2013 collected edition and the Mega Collection one (apart from the cover)..?

Yes, there's one extra story collected in the Mega Collection book.
@jamesfeistdraws

Apestrife

If, say, I didn't yet have a collected _America_, is there any difference between the 2013 collected edition and the Mega Collection one (apart from the cover)..?

It also collects Judgement Call (Beeny after ToD), Blood and Duty (Dredd meets his niece), Firepower (Dredd rams his lawmaster through a perp) and Snowstorm (Dredd vs the illegal trade of sugar).

Nice collection. Both Judgement call and Blood and duty adds a nice touch I think.

wedgeski

sheridan

Quote from: Apestrife on 28 June, 2018, 04:22:00 PM

It also collects Judgement Call (Beeny after ToD), Blood and Duty (Dredd meets his niece), Firepower (Dredd rams his lawmaster through a perp) and Snowstorm (Dredd vs the illegal trade of sugar).

Nice collection. Both Judgement call and Blood and duty adds a nice touch I think.

Is Firepower the Garth Ennis / Colin MacNeil one?

Apestrife

Quote from: sheridan on 30 June, 2018, 12:15:50 AM
Quote from: Apestrife on 28 June, 2018, 04:22:00 PM

Is Firepower the Garth Ennis / Colin MacNeil one?

Yes, that's the one. I think it's one of few stories where Dredd can be seen smiling?

Apestrife

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 21 June, 2018, 02:40:57 AM
Only read part way through War on the Streets and I'm not at all happy. Not with the stories which are great but the reproduction is lousy. Too dark and a lot of text is virtually unreadable. I wonder if it's possible to get a proper replacement from Hachette.

I just finished reading that one. Didn't remember the stories being this bad in the case files. At times I wondered if words were crossed out only to find that the text was there, only very smudgy. Bit of a shame. But overall I really liked the volume, outside repro issues.

Jade Falcon

I liked the book, but I'm afraid I'm REALLY not happy about the repro issue.  Some of the text, especially the bolded stuff was damned near unreadable.  I'm considering contacting Hachette about this, it would be the first time I've ever brought it up, but I got my collection through Smith's subscription rather than directly.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Apestrife

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 04 July, 2018, 10:39:23 PM
I liked the book, but I'm afraid I'm REALLY not happy about the repro issue.  Some of the text, especially the bolded stuff was damned near unreadable.  I'm considering contacting Hachette about this, it would be the first time I've ever brought it up, but I got my collection through Smith's subscription rather than directly.

Did you contact them about this?

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Apestrife on 08 July, 2018, 08:22:00 PM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 04 July, 2018, 10:39:23 PM

Did you contact them about this?

I have, some days ago, no response as yet.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Jade Falcon

Still no reply from Hachette about the last of the Mega Collection and its reproduction issues.  Not good at all.

IndigoPrime

Jade Falcon

I contacted them on the Facebook page, but have since contacted them directly through the email link.

Max Headroom

I'm a little late to the party and am cherry-picking various issues of the Mega Collection. One I am not sure about getting is 'The Apocalypse War' and wanted to ask anyone who owns this version how it compares in terms of repro to the Complete Case Files? Is it substantially better as I distinctly remember 'issues' with the Case Files printing?
Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

Jade Falcon

So that's the 24th of July I emailed them directly. I got an acknowledgement saying they aim to deal with enquiries within 48 hours. As of yet, no further contact.

This is most unsatisfactory. It's the only time I have contacted them and I'm starting to see what other people have been complaining about regarding their customer service, or lack thereof.