Main Menu

What games did you never finished or got time to?

Started by Goaty, 05 September, 2013, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Goaty on 05 September, 2013, 11:38:36 PM

And I can't be arse to complete 100%!

Depends on the game Goaty, depends on the game.

Professor Bear

So, so many games it's untrue.  I have around a billion games for the original Xbox but I think I've only ever actually finished Halo 1 and 2.  On this generation, though, a quick gander at my trophy list reveals:

GTA4 - like Goaty, I finished San Andreas so many times - and am currently in the middle of another playthrough on the PSN downloadable version - and yet I have started this about five times and never finished it once.
Crysis 2 - got to some helicopter bit where I don't know if you have to survive the waves of enemies or shoot down the helicopter, but either way both keep coming and then you drop dead suddenly for some reason and after a few times around doing that I thought "life's too short" and never played it again.
Dead Or Alive 5 - the animation-heavy fighting styles where you hit a button and this makes your character assume a martial arts stance rather than - for instance - throwing a punch make this a bizarre fighting game experience aimed at people who don't mind memorising hundreds of 12-button combinations that make your character scream what I assume are Oriental obscenities and then fall over and spend the rest of the round on their back waving their leg at your opponent.  A completely and utterly baffling game.
Assassin's Creed 1 and 2.  Unengaged in the characters or story so I could never really immerse myself in the world enough to come back to them after a few hours of play.
Vanquish - at a loss to explain why I never played this one again, as I recall enjoying it and really digging the high concept setting and production design.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Goaty on 05 September, 2013, 09:03:13 PM

F.E.A.R 2, dont know why but that girl scared me every time!

Just as well you didn't get to the end... when [spoiler]the undead Alma forces herself on you - while you are in a giant psychic generator sex chair thing and fighiting illusions - to make her pregnant with the lead character from the first game[/spoiler]

And in case you think I am joking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsVbSVs3RB8 ;

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKZNHBYqzH0

There are more graphic versions on You Tube, but they are much longer and tend to have rock music imposed over them. Oddly, this German version does not.
Lock up your spoons!

Zarjazzer

Skyrim and Dragon Age (uno) I just reach a bit in most fantasy games where suddenly I couldn't care less. Still persevering with the appalling Aliens colonial marines.  :-\
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

JamesC

The Last of Us.

Was excited to play this but found it really boring, sadly. It's going on ebay.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I've played every console Zelda game at least twice, and every time I start one, I say to myself "This time, THIS time, I WILL collect all the hearts and all the other goo-gaws!"

Never ever have though.
You may quote me on that.

Rog69

These days I tend to just have a couple of games on the go at one time and I almost always complete them but there have been a few exceptions -

All of the GTA games, I love the series but I always end up arseing around instead of playing them properly.

Crysis, I found the final level very tedious so I just watched the ending on youtube instead, I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the same with god awful ending to Bioshock Infinite too.

Dragon age, I lost the will to live with that bloody awful level where you are stuck in a dream or something.

The Witcher - great game but I took a break from playing and then couldn't remember what the hell I was supposed to be doing when I got back to it.

JudgeE1M1RT

As much as I love the Doom games, I have never completed the second one. The final boss taunts me.

pictsy

I haven't finished loads of games, but of the ones I have played more recently:

Bioshock- I actually got bored of this game.  I really like the setting and concept but found the gameplay a little tedious after a while and just stopped playing.

Okami- Still working my way through this one intermittently.

Shadow of the Colossus- Stopped playing it because I got a little pissed off that I had to look up some help online and was not happy with the solution [spoiler]having to pick up a damn torch that isn't especially noticeable and looks like an environment effect. *grumble-grumble*[/spoiler]

Pikmin- Just started playing it.

Skyrim- It's a huge game and I don't play it all the time.  I never finished Morrowind or Oblivion, either.  Hardly a surprise with the latter as it wasn't all that good looking back at it.

Madworld- I'm kinda saving finishing this one off when I need some ultra-violence in my life.

Link to the Past- Retro gaming only goes so far.  I started playing this off the back of completing the original Zelda game, but got distracted half way through by something that was no doubt shiny and alluring.

shaolin_monkey

I have a TERRIBLE track record re completing games. I'm pretty sure I've only ever completed a handful, and then just the story section, not all the achievements, collectibles etc. I'm pretty sure my sporadic attention span is to blame. I get really sucked in for a few weeks, but then a shiny new release distracts me. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I always feel a bit stupid when I look up my gamer tag in one of those 'achievement' websites. Looking through the games I've played and list of achievements reached in each is quite frankly embarrassing!!!

http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=12584

radiator

I'm actually fairly good with achievements and things like that. Don't think I've ever got all of them for a full retail title, but I like to try and get as many as I can, or used to, when I spent a lot more time on gaming. Providing I like the game of course.

I, Cosh

Stacks, but then I don't consider finishing the story to be completing a game.

I have a very bad habit, with games where I find out you can't go back after beating the final baddie, of going back to try and get all the collectibles then completely forgetting about it after a while and having no idea what I was supposed to do. Irritatingly, this usually indicates a game I particularly enjoyed. Psychonauts and Okami spring to mind as particular examples of this type.

Killer 7 I stopped playing for a week and couldn't remember what in fuck's name was supposed to be going on. Similar thing happened with Baldur's Gate due to it's lack of a mission log.

Worse still, I've never managed to finish R-Type, even though there are only 8 levels. However, I was the first kid in Bathgate arcade to complete Shinobi on one credit.
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 September, 2013, 09:50:44 PM
Jet Set Willy I & II.

There was a twenty year gap between my giving up trying to beat the last level of Manic Miner as a wee boy, and finally defeating the game as an adult on a PC emulator. I've never finished any driving game; I spent an entire shift listening to a guy telling me about all the different licenses he'd won on Gran Turismo and felt vindicated in my decision.

Goaty

I just finally complete Bioshock infinite as not play it for months cos of that airships attack with robot bird... which I got stuck repeat... and finally try it again and finished!

But that was the beginning of ending... and what the fuck was that ending about???