Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thankful that switching to 99% digital has alleviated the nightmare that was graphic novel spines from my life.

Now its just hard drive folder organization that is the bane of my existence!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 October, 2014, 01:39:17 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 06 October, 2014, 06:27:15 PM
I order things by continent < country < publicant < chronological order of first appearence.
Excellent work. Out of interest, is it country of origin of the publisher or the character? Depending on your answer, where would you file A: Alpha Flight, B: Captain Britain, C: Marvel UK, D: Different volumes of Requiem published by Heavy Metal (which you had to order from us amazon) and Panini?
Excellent points, though I personally don't own any Alpha Flight can explain the others.
Though this might sound controversial, I keep my Marvel Uk material (the Claremont, Frierich and Moore Captain Britain material, Deaths Head and Dragons Claws) along side my UK material, specificaly next to the Panini Doctor Who Magazine reprints.

Requim is an oddity, though I only own the first volume so far, being a "Franco-British" comic it's right at the very end of my UK material next to the likes of Marshal Law and The Best of Milligan and McCarthy amongst other oddities that have a distinctively 'English' feel to them even if more than half of the content was produced outside of the UK.

Recrewt

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 October, 2014, 06:19:44 PM
I'm still wrestling unsuccessfully with my phone to get a picture uploaded of my latest horror - I bought vols 1-3 of Superior Spiderman off Amazon - they are slim with white spines. I later went back to buy vols 3-6 - they are much thicker with the black-and-red format spines.

I think there are two versions of the Superior Spiderman trades (ignoring the hardbacks).  Don't now why they have done this, but perhaps you have mixed the two types? 

TordelBack

Quote from: The Adventurer on 07 October, 2014, 08:11:49 AM
...the nightmare that was graphic novel spines from my life.

It ain't spines that're your problem - it's backbone.

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 October, 2014, 01:16:51 PM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 07 October, 2014, 08:11:49 AM
...the nightmare that was graphic novel spines from my life.

It ain't spines that're your problem - it's backbone.

s'right, sorting out the bookshelf spines is one of life's little joys
DDT did a job on me

IronGraham

Now that my Nikolai Dante collection is complete here are the spines.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Hawkmumbler

As amazing as the series is, and it is, having three spines then a sudden change is painful!

TordelBack

The new editions are flippin' gorgeous, mind.

J.Smith

This thread, man. So many tears.  :'(

By the way, will all the volumes of Nikolai Dante be getting these reprints? Know that the next two books, the Tsar Wars, are out of print, but I don't believe I've seen it mentioned anywhere what'll happen to the rest.

Hawkmumbler

More important question, are the historical quotes still intact in the new editions of The Great Game and Love and War?

James Stacey

Quote from: J.Smith on 10 October, 2014, 02:27:22 PM
This thread, man. So many tears.  :'(

By the way, will all the volumes of Nikolai Dante be getting these reprints? Know that the next two books, the Tsar Wars, are out of print, but I don't believe I've seen it mentioned anywhere what'll happen to the rest.
I think it will depend on numbers. If they sell well I assume (and hope) so.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Skullmo on 05 October, 2014, 11:09:14 AM
I am missing the spines thread.

Here is something to cause controversy

Bloody hell.  Why isn't volume 11 over on the left with all the other red ones?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Feikki

You're supposed to distribute the red ones between the colourful ones!  ;)

I, Cosh

I find this almost heartbreakingly beautiful.

We never really die.

Spikes

The third one won't match,  ;)