Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

So the last volume has arrived (along with another copy of 2000 AD Ultimate Collection The Horned God which makes 4 copies I have now).

Nice to see it complete. I can now start reading  :D

Anthony Garnon

How are you feeling completing the run?

Personally I'll be more than a little sad next week when I pick vol 90 up!

IndigoPrime

I'm glad it's done. The books were mostly good, although I could have done without perhaps ten of the run. Still in two minds about whether I should have carried on with the standard trades, but I much prefer HB over SB, and these were bargains for that. Still, would it have killed them to put story titles somewhere on the spine?

Richard

Well the spine artwork forming one big picture was one of the selling points, and more text would mess that up.

IndigoPrime

Maybe. But some kind of clever design work could have got us something. (Even more so on the 2000 AD collection – stick a little thumbnail at the top, like on the Marvel books.)

Mattofthespurs

robert_ellis

Well done to everyone who made it to the finish. I've really enjoyed it especially the design, endpapers & text-pieces

glassstanley

Nice to have some of the Dredd-World strips collected - especially Armitage.

Agree about the title's needed on the spines, especially as I'm likely to pass on some of the more reprinted books so the spine image won't work anyway.

Can't honestly say I've thought about the endpapers😀

Jade Falcon

In a way, sad to see it end, especially as the extension volumes were so strong, but equally, a bit less from my wallet.  I haven't been quite as enthused about some of the 2000AD collection, it's hit and miss, but then again so were some picks for Dredd.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Cookyman

Mixed feelings about it ending but looks great in my bookcase.
Choc chip goodness.

Apestrife

Still two books left. Looks great on the bookshelf. Going to miss it, getting two books each month  :)

abelardsnazz

I'm going to miss reading a fortnightly dose of Dreddworld stories, but looking forward to have a bit more time to read some other stuff. Going to give Dredd a bit of a rest after the final issue before planning a re-read.

Jade Falcon

One partwork I would have liked to have seen, since we're seeing 2000AD, Dredd, and there's Star Trek, DC and Marvel ones out there as well as Batman was a Star Wars one.  I've only got a few graphic novels like The Emperors Hand and a few others, but I imagine that won't be happening.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Mattofthespurs

A Star Wars one has been selling for a couple of years in Spain and France.

We may yet see it.

Tinmachine

79 is due out this week. In two minds about continuing for issues 81 through 90.

Still waiting upon issues 73 and 75. They were skipped! Not sure if it was to encourage Australians to keep buying the series up to issue 90.