Main Menu

The Curious Who Anthology

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 September, 2010, 07:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostpockets

Greg M.

Wow, a whopping 14 tales of demented Who in the pipeline? This is going to be a big fat beast of an anthology. Which I believe was entirely the point. But yeah, Doctor WTF? may be the winner.

M.I.K.

You always get more writers than artists submitting to stuff like this. In fact, that reminds me...

CrazyFoxMachine

Hello kids and kiddettes - I'm proud to say I now have a cover artist as well as having some truly gorgeous scripts on the go.

Dr WTF?!
artists
Bhuna
Cathy Smedley
Chris Nolan-Rennie
Cthlouis
Darkjimbo
Davey Cavendish
Exilewood
Flip-R
Ghostpockets
Me
Mike Bunt

writers
Adam Page
Arron Ferguson
Chilipenguin
Emperor
Greg M
Jasmine Woods
The Legendary Shark
Locusts of Death
Martin Collins
Olly Davey
Ozebane
Richmond Clements
Rob Phillips
Van Dom

One-Offs
Alex Ronald (Contributing a picture, back cover?)
Carl Pearce (Contributing a cover)

Hows them apples? It's clear I need more artists - also any letterers/designers would be INCREDIBLY useful as this glorious thing needs a logo.

Cheers very much for the support so far - you are all in line for a serious pint of cider.

chilipenguin

CrazyFoxMachine

ahaha - excellent. Although I will need the ?! in there - !

chilipenguin

Rookie mistake on my part. Revised version (sans the weathered effects) and a retro coloured version. By the way, I'm not sure of the legality of this logo but I'm having fun messing about with it.

CrazyFoxMachine

Additionally an exclamation point - but yes - I don't know how legal any of this is. It's entirely nonprofit though, as I will keep saying on Mr Campbell's sage advice. I think I'm going to chinwag with some high-ups and see what they think.

Great going Mr Penguin I appreciate your enthusiasm ;)

chilipenguin

Again, schoolboy error on my part. Not to worry, easily fixed.

Emperor

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 27 September, 2010, 06:31:13 PM
Additionally an exclamation point - but yes - I don't know how legal any of this is. It's entirely nonprofit though, as I will keep saying on Mr Campbell's sage advice. I think I'm going to chinwag with some high-ups and see what they think.

Note the excellent fanzine Vworp Vworp use the old skool logo and even designed their variant cover to look like the old skool Dr Who magazine, so it is theoretically possible as long as you are not obviously passing off anything as being official:

www.vworpvworp.co.uk

So perhaps go for a wilder colour scheme?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mitahane

I'm in (if you need some french touch ;°])!

CrazyFoxMachine

sent you a mail Mitahane -

also click the link to my blog in t'sig if you want a full (slightly updated list) of those participating, as well as LINKS. ON EVERY SINGLE NAME. WHO ARE THEY?!

I need that exclamation mark, Penguin!

chilipenguin

Oh sorry, I did it and then didn't post it. Waiting for others to throw some logo ideas into the mix. Here it is with the exclamation point.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/chilipenguin/DoctorWTF5.jpg

Those are just roughs. If you want to go with something like that, I'll start from scratch and take any recommendations you have into the finished logo.

Cthulouis

I realise this has probably been mentioned, but how big is this?

By which I mean, what sort of page dimensions should the artist be looking at?

locustsofdeath!

Foxy mentioned it:

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 03 September, 2010, 07:06:52 PM
The thing will be printed in FULL COLOUR and PROBABLY IN A5 - and then I shall distribute the bitch somehow but I'm CURRENTLY NOT CERTAIN WHERE OR HOW.