Main Menu

Judge Dredd Chronology

Started by Callahan, 22 January, 2008, 02:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callahan

Forget what I said, I just got the 2000AD & JD Annuals mixed up for a little there.
Been working on this too long & sometimes this site makes things more confusing where it lists all the stories correctly if you go through the Publications links but if you go into the Judge Dredd Thrills section (the link above somebody already gave), some of the annuals don't correctly list all stories?
So how can I trust that as a guide? (another good reason to compile a chronological list for yourself).

W. R. Logan

COMMANDO FORCES

Callahan, W.R.Logan and buttonman all separated at birth!

Rio De Fideldo

But where are the Daily Star Dredds!!

Floyd-the-k

Sir, I salute your indefatigability!

Whereabouts in Australia are you?

cheers,

Floyd

Grant Goggans

"I don't know why they don't already have something like this on the site." - That's what you said in the very first post, when you showed off your "work."  Google's an amazing thing.  Go now - see what happens when you Google the first line of "your" research, "1. Judge Whitey (aka The Judge Killer), 2000 AD prog 2 (3/5/77)."

Callahan, you're a complete jerk.  Let's just put that on the table.  I've never claimed that my index was flawless, and I have always - for ten years - very graciously accepted any corrections or additions to it, and spent years openly inviting people to please double-check everything.  Those who contributed to the research are all thanked on the very first page.  You didn't cite me in your post, nor did you cite any of them.

Obviously, mine was not the first index or spreadsheet to 2000 AD stories.  But you have taken the whole format that I chose to use, including "aka" names and American dating, and very brazenly passed this work off as your own.  At no point did you even say "Hey, I've added seven stories to the list at some site I found on the Internet somewhere but couldn't be arsed to Google."

Nor did you post here anything like "Hey, I'm looking for that site with the Dredd index or that guy who runs it, I have some corrections for him."    That's what you're supposed to do when you "ememail" a site owner and get no response - which is hogwash, my address'd be at the bottom of every page you copy-n-pasted.

I emailed Neil Emery some corrections in his Charley's War episode guide.  Last I checked, he never updated it.  Doesn't give me the right to copy-n-paste the rest of his page, fix the bits he missed and post it onto a BPW message board with a grandiose "Look what I made! Why doesn't the Internet have one of these already?" line at the top.

You passed my research and my format off as your own. You're a plagiarist, you're a liar, and you're the absolute worst kind of "fan," Callahan.  They have piers in Australia?  Find a short one, walk and don't stop.

Richmond Clements

Callahan- you are to be congratulated for your magnificent creation!

Grant Goggans

Bolt-01

Rich, read the whole thread man....

Bolt-01

Richmond Clements

Just did, Bolt.

Jesus.

Hipster- my apologies.

Funt Solo

I wonder how that (filched) list compares with my hastily thrown together http://www.amenable.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/2Ksite/allList.html">almost everything?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Satanist

I've just finished an exhaustive mission of compiling my shopping list.

Anyway, for anyone interested, it's a great reference & here it is:

1 - Milk
2 - Sugar
3 - Bread
4 - Hipster Dads hard work
5 - Tea Bags
6 - Breakaways
7 - Razzle
8 - Toilet Roll
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Funt Solo

Hey, you fucker - that's my shopping list!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SamuelAWilkinson

Breakaways are awesome. A much under-appreciated member of the biscuity tribe.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.