Main Menu

Ness Con 2017, the Inverness Comic Con (8th & 9th July, Eden Court)

Started by Dog Deever, 11 March, 2017, 01:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

There also didn't appear to have much (any?) small press or larger publishers there either. I got the impression (perhaps unfairly) that the organisers aren't particularly into comics.

The Amstor Computer

I think GCCC had some small press etc. involvement this year - Panels Comics, BHP Comics and Accent UK were all there, and I think there were a couple of other indie outfits - and places like Kingdom Comics and Forbidden Planet had tables. They also seem to have run panels on comics - Dundee University had a comics talk on both days, the Cartoonists Rights Network had a talk, Wagner, Fabry, Ryan Brown and Gary Erskine had a panel, and I think there was a panel for local comics creators on the second day. Looking at the exhibitor list for this year though there was a lot of merch/general geek stuff going on, and some random exhibitors, and it certainly wasn't as comics-focused as Hi-Ex.

Definitely no larger publishers - but they seem to be rare outside of the bigger cities, or the established events.

CalHab

I missed that. The publicity I saw was all about actors and cosplay. I probably would have headed along if I'd known they had some comics interest. Next year.