Main Menu

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED BY THE NEW STAR TREK: DISCOVERY SERIES

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 October, 2017, 06:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Don't we all!  But given that we have already got Michael, Saru, Lorca, Tilly, Stamets, the painfully handsome Dr Culber (who isn't actually the CMO, I thought I noticed this week?), sort-of Keyla and now this dodgy Tyler (?) fellow (as well as three principal Klingons, Harry Mudd, Sarek and the Admiral), that's nearly as many regular crewmembers as any of the shows had. 

Anyone else is likely to be relegated to wallpaper roles, but you never know.

von Boom

Airiam. The semi-robot is called Airiam. That's something at least.

TordelBack

Excellent sleuthing there, that name leads us to Memory Alpha where it becomes clear that no-one has a flipping clue what she is. Good looking actor under all the prostheses, though.

Professor Bear

I miss the robot faced dude from the pilot whose head would flash the words "RED ALERT" on his face during an emergency.  Whatever species he is, clearly they think a work/life balance is for pussies.

Tjm86

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor Bear on 17 October, 2017, 03:05:12 PM
I miss the robot faced dude from the pilot whose head would flash the words "RED ALERT" on his face during an emergency. 

That was all kinds of wonderful - was very much hoping he/she/it/them had lived to bleep another day.

Quote from: Tjm86 on 17 October, 2017, 03:29:04 PM
Probably gone into teaching then!   ::)

Ha!  I can just see that faceplate lighting up with "The bell is a signal for me, not for you".

Goaty

She is Ensign Daphne Punk (Must be in honour of Daft Punk)

TordelBack

von Boom

von Boom

When Saru had the computer list the bravest captains in Starfleet history Cptn. Robert April was top of the list. This means they've incorporated TAS as canon. I have only one question.

Where are the Kzinti?

TordelBack

Probably enjoying the protection of Larry Niven's lawyers!

The Legendary Shark

Dear Star Trek,

I have loved you since first I laid eyes on you. We have walked hand in hand through countless dreams and boundless imaginings, you have seeped into my heart and into my soul and, through your joyous optimism and faith in Right, made me a better person.

But now, though you look more beautiful than ever, you haven't put on these stunning new clothes for me.

You're breaking my f*cking heart.

Goodbye, my love, goodbye.

TLS.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty

Yes we got your message last week that you don't like it.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

blackmocco

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 October, 2017, 05:25:18 PM
Dear Star Trek,

I have loved you since first I laid eyes on you. We have walked hand in hand through countless dreams and boundless imaginings, you have seeped into my heart and into my soul and, through your joyous optimism and faith in Right, made me a better person.

But now, though you look more beautiful than ever, you haven't put on these stunning new clothes for me.

You're breaking my f*cking heart.

Goodbye, my love, goodbye.

TLS.

This'll be your last comment in here then? We get it. You don't like it. You can move along now. Good lord. Melodrama over a TV show.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com