Main Menu

JUNE ART COMP - 2000AD RE-PANELED

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 June, 2014, 01:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From May's winner James Newell:

QuoteBased on Anthony Vukojevich's  now closed RE-PANELED Blog http://repaneled.blogspot.ie/, which I loved, take any comic panel, 2000ad or other and re draw, re interpret it, what ever... GO MAD!

Indeed - Mr Newell himself did a bit of 2000ad re-paneling for the blog:

So... choose a panel, iconic or incidental and RE-DRAW IT. Change the style (or the medium even), alter the tone, weird it out, serious it up. Take a browse through Mr Vukojevich's blog for ideas and DO HAVE FUN WITH IT.

Remember there are PRIZES TO BE WON - one for the winner, one for Tharg's Choice - ! All entries will be featured on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp) where they are admired and liked by our 325 followers :D There will also be a bonafide 2000ad droid judging their favourite entry for Droid's Choice....!

Rules are these:

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.
- All entries have to be done specifically for this competition - so no pictures you've done for anything else.

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 29TH OF JUNE WHEN WE WILL HURDLE THE VOTING WOLF!

Dark Jimbo

Brilliant topic! I loved that blog and always meant to have a go at some 2000AD repanelling.

(Comitting to a single panel is also far less intimidating than the usual overblown entries that push me right up to the deadline!)
@jamesfeistdraws

antodonnell

Very cool topic and something I never really considered doing. This should be good fun.

Martintds

Question: Can an entire page be interpreted as a panel ?? (as in an entire panel takes up one page) Or a double page spread that's contained within one panel ?? Pedantic I know...!

ZenArcade

Ah Jesus the talented artists are upping the ante on the artistically challenged (me) already! Come on CFM nip this heartlessness in the bud.Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Martintds

Pete Wells

Well, I think I've got this one won already!

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Martintds on 01 June, 2014, 06:25:29 PM
Question: Can an entire page be interpreted as a panel ?? (as in an entire panel takes up one page) Or a double page spread that's contained within one panel ?? Pedantic I know...!

Hmmm - I don't think so... cos you might as well be doing a cover there. Y'know - it's not really within the spirit of a reinterpreting a single panel on a page. If you're dead set on it I wouldn't disqualify it but if you're asking I'd probably urge you to go for something smaller ;)

Martintds

Rightyo. That's game ball. Thanks for the clarification dude.

SuperSurfer

Good call, Mr Newell. I guess it would be useful for each entry to be accompanied by a scan/photo of the original panel.

Martintds

Good thinking supersurfer....was just going through the back progs...too many choices. Going to select 10 at random and pick my favourite. Its difficult trying to breakdown 30 odd years of progs to just one frame.

TordelBack

Can I request a ban on re-interpretations of Gaze Into The Fist of Dredd?  Unless they're like really good or something.  ;)

amines2058

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 June, 2014, 02:07:52 PM
Can I request a ban on re-interpretations of Gaze Into The Fist of Dredd?  Unless they're like really good or something.  ;)

Aaaahh!! Hours of work ruined  :o. Seriously when thinking of iconic frames that was one of a few I was considering and already had some ideas.
Oh well back to my 2nd choice of the robohunter reboot  ;)

Fungus

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 June, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

You can request a ban I suppose...

Most of the time seems to be working out an idea that doesn't suck.
I even had a good idea for it! Killjoy!  :)

Fungus