Main Menu

2000AD May/June Art Comp: Page 100!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 11 May, 2010, 04:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

That there is a work of perfection.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Emperor on 19 May, 2010, 02:36:08 PM
I believe this is my first forum competition entry, so I thought I'd start with one that flagrantly mucks around with the remit ;)

Clearly you have forgotten what forum you frequent.  We don't give a fuck about rules, only the pursuit of entertainment - half of us are actually supposed to be working right now.

Great work from all concerned so far, but that's to be expected of Chris by now, while Fester's looks printworthy already.
Best of luck with the 'folio review, Fest!

Colin YNWA

Gasp! That's lovely - great idea too.

Lady Festina

I believe this is my first forum competition entry, so I thought I'd start with one that flagrantly mucks around with the remit ;)
Quote from: Professah Byah on 19 May, 2010, 03:20:02 PM
Clearly you have forgotten what forum you frequent.  We don't give a fuck about rules, only the pursuit of entertainment - half of us are actually supposed to be working right now.

You see, this is what happens when you let writers onto the Art Comp.... Send that Emperor back where he belongs!!

CrazyFoxMachine

SuperSurfer

Boy, that is a stunning entry Emp/Chris/Bolt.

Some real corkers already.

If I was a weaker man I would throw in the towel already.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Lady Festina on 19 May, 2010, 03:35:36 PM
You see, this is what happens when you let writers onto the Art Comp....

No reason writers can't enter.  I know that technically it's an art comp, but I've always thought that a secondary consideration to entertaining and/or being entertained by the competition, which is supposed to be a bit of fun above all else - if someone took a stab at rewriting the dialogue for a page 100 I'd happily take that as a valid entry as long as credit was given to the original droids.  Or if you're feeling really cocky, ascii art, anyone?

Emperor

Quote from: Lady Festina on 19 May, 2010, 03:35:36 PM

Quote from: Professah Byah on 19 May, 2010, 03:20:02 PM

You see, this is what happens when you let writers onto the Art Comp.... Send that Emperor back where he belongs!!

Very true, we have to justify our existence by being all fancy, like. ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Cthulouis

uncle fester

Arf! Just seen the Chris/Emperor/Bolt collaboration - excellent stuff!

Smarty

This is my summation of the White Fury story in the 1978 2000ad annual. Hope you like :D

good luck peeps

Colin YNWA

Professor Bear

CrazyFoxMachine