Main Menu

Moved From General - CRITIQUES PLEASE

Started by Patrick Walsh., 12 July, 2010, 07:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Walsh.

Hello,

Noticing the attempts at a bellend using my account, please see a link to my online portfolio.

Feedback appreciated. Constructive feedback preferred - ie if you think it's a load of **** then tell me WHY!!

http://pjwalsh-illustration.deviantart.com/

Regards,

Pads.

Patrick Walsh.

Here are some samples...

CrazyFoxMachine

You MAY have over-used the dodge tool - but the weight and linework and panelwotsits tick all my boxes fella. Very impressive. Heavy traditional inks remind me of Liam Sharpe a bit.

JayzusB.Christ

I can't really add any more to what's already been said - but all said and done, I like it.  If you follow the excellent advice already given you have a darn good chance of making it, in my humble opinion
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Smarty

Ok the general flow of the pages and composition is great, alot better than i can manage at this stage. This is the stuff you learn from wanting to make comics and looking at those set of artists. Your spotting of blacks shows some good rendering ability too

Best piece of advice I can give you is look elsewhere for a bit, your draftsmanship is structurally a little weak, especially with anatomy. Comics isn't the best place to learn this sort of stuff. Get some more classical illustration/artbooks. The Loomis ones are especially good at laying out a 3 dimensional space. Bridgman's book on anatomy will also help you understand your figures more constructively (or Vilppu too).

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Smarty on 14 July, 2010, 01:45:44 PM
The Loomis ones are especially good at laying out a 3 dimensional space. Bridgman's book on anatomy will also help you understand your figures more constructively (or Vilppu too).

Andrew Loomis' truly excellent books on anatomy and perspective are all out of print, but some kind soul has made them available online as PDFs. Download them here.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.