Main Menu

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 22 October, 2016, 12:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Tiplodocus

There's also somebody moaning that the Millenium Falcon interiors are too clean and white.  :)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

There better not be any Jedis in this.
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

Lawks, I didn't recognise her at all.  Is she ever planning on ageing? Cheers, Joe!

If I have to read "he looks nothing like Harrison Ford!" one more time... HE'S NOT PLAYING HARRISON FORD.  And even if he was, it's called "acting" not "look-a-liking".  'Cos Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness were fecking twins, obviously.

Tjm86

Quote from: I, Cosh on 05 February, 2018, 06:33:36 PM

Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

JOE SOAP

Chewie looks like he's between spurts and Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover are noticeably shorter men than their older counterparts, so the only question I have is, how old are Han & Lando supposed to be in this: 15, 16?

Mattofthespurs

Big_Dave

how old are Han & Lando supposed to be in this

old enough to enlist
as pilot with empire

You must:   
Be between the ages of 17-27. *
Have no more than two dependents.
Pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude test. (Minimum AFQT Score: 50) https://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/join-the-military-basic-eligibility.html

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Big_Dave on 05 February, 2018, 07:26:12 PM
how old are Han & Lando supposed to be in this

old enough to enlist
as pilot with empire

You must:   
Be between the ages of 17-27. *

Han could be lying while sitting on Lando's shoulders wearing a big hat and coat.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 February, 2018, 07:29:17 PM
Han could be lying while sitting on Lando's shoulders wearing a big hat and coat.

Would that it twurrrr so!

Unless they hang around with any normal-sized old characters for direct comparison (Chewie and Vader don't count), does it really matter what height they are? I'm assuming we're looking at early-mid-20s for Solo and maybe late-20s for Lando, so both actors playing maybe 5 years younger than they actually are.  That still places the characters 5-10 years younger than the actors who originally played them.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 February, 2018, 07:39:16 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 February, 2018, 07:29:17 PM

Unless they hang around with any normal-sized old characters for direct comparison (Chewie and Vader don't count), does it really matter what height they are?

Only mention it because it was something that popped-out at me in the first scene with the recruitment officer and the oversized coat. It doesn't really matter because the main cast are all relatively short but I'm also taking it that they purposely wanted a more YA SOLO – as in over a decade before A New Hope – because there's enough leg room for a much younger scoundrel no one has ever seen. All the film needs to be is a good romp.

"He'll definitely be probably in the high teens, low 20s," Kennedy says. "We're not introducing you to a 10-year-old Han Solo."

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/13/star-wars-anthology-young-han-solo/2/

Big_Dave

Goaty

I am curious to know what Star Wars films that die-hard fans really want?

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 05 February, 2018, 07:13:57 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 05 February, 2018, 06:33:36 PM

Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

To be fair, he didn't say he hadn't encountered Jedi, just that he didn't believe the Force was geniuine.