Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

The still wonderful John Cooper painted 'The Apocalypse War'

Link Prime

That's great Mark, I know you're a big fan of his.

Spikes

Lovely stuff, Mark - the colours on that commission are just brilliant.

Skullmo

Gorgeous commission! Glad it came out so well
It's a joke. I was joking.

ming

I posted this in the 'McMahon starts blogging' thread but I'm too excited not to mention this again...  Might be a while before completion, but who cares?  It's amazing.

http://tuggingyourcoat.com/2014/01/23/refined-rough/

Colin YNWA

What a fantastic choice of scene. That looks like its going to be an absolute winner.

hippynumber1

About bloody time, I was getting sick and tired of all those Dredds!  ;)

Spikes

Nice one!

I saw this pop up on Mick's blog, and I did wonder if it was yours (Or maybe Mark's....).

Nice to see this edge a wee bit nearer towards completion.

blackmocco

"Ladies and Gentlemen: it is my great pleasure to present to you, the future of law enforcement..."

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

ming

I'm not getting tired of saying it - it's bloody marvellous!  :)

hippynumber1

COMMANDO FORCES

Colin YNWA

That goes hurtling past good, heads with neck breaking speed beyond great, swings right at astonishing and brushes past wonderazingible and other made up superlatives with ease and heads to some new land of glory that we mere morals will only ever witness second hand through the prism of works like that.

If that doesn't make any sense in summary I like it quite a bit!

blackmocco

Gets better the more I look at it. Chuffed beyond words with this. If there's one thing I love as much as 2000AD, it's a bit of Mad Max. Not any sort of stretch for me to have them both breathing the same air. Saw MM2 a year after picking up my first prog (224, not that you asked) and had my brains boiled by both. When I heard Brendan was involved with Mad Max - Fury Road years ago I couldn't believe it. Two worlds collide! Hit him up last year about this. Don't think he does many commissions but think I intrigued him when I suggested this as a concept. Look at the mutiemen in the bottom left corner! Fucking awesome. Cannot wait to see this in the flesh and pore over it.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

ming

Quote from: blackmocco on 18 March, 2014, 08:05:02 PMDon't think he does many commissions but think I intrigued him when I suggested this as a concept.

This is the third commission Brendan's agreed to, as far as I know.  My Strange Days one was first, then the Rogan Gosh piece I posted in 'The Strangeness...' thread and now this beauty.  Brendan puts a lot of work into these and although he doesn't agree to do many commissions the results are outstanding - you've definitely got something very special there.  Looking forward to seeing some more pics when you get it in hand - those colours are glorious...