Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

A very impressive collection, Mangamax.
Don't think I'd seen any of 'em before.

Eamonn Clarke

I am sorely tempted by the commissions idea. Anyone willing to share publicly or privately what sort of prices some of these masterpieces cost?
cheers

Timothy

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 15 December, 2014, 02:07:49 PM
I am sorely tempted by the commissions idea. Anyone willing to share publicly or privately what sort of prices some of these masterpieces cost?
cheers

I'd like to know too, please.

hippynumber1

Prices vary wildly between artists and what you want from them and the size of the commission, colour, pencil, ink, painted, number of characters etc. I'm happy to tell you what I paid for specific commissions if you want to have a look at what I have (follow the link) and then PM me but the best bet is to decide what you want, who you want it from and drop them an e-mail.

Mangamax

Defoe meets Janus Stark in this lovely piece by Leigh Gallagher for my project:

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Spikes

Lovely stuff, Eric. Leigh is the man, isn't he.

hippynumber1

Certainly Leigh is A man, contary to what some people would have you believe!  ;)

Mangamax

Dave Taylor very kindly did this promo poster for a modelling challenge at a modelling convention - build a robot from tons of junk pieces in only three hours.
Lovely, superfine detail - the pic doesn't do it justice.

Eamonn Clarke

Have taken the plunge and commissioned Carlos.
Thanks to blackmocco for advice.

Spikes

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 17 December, 2014, 03:51:57 PM
Have taken the plunge and commissioned Carlos.
Thanks to blackmocco for advice.

You wont be disappointed - King Carlos is on fire, and a great chap to deal with. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

And talking about blackmocco, and commission's....

blackmocco very kindly worked his, considerable, magic on my McMahon commission, and the results are absolutely fantastic.
Outstanding work, Mick. And thank you so much!

inkymonkey

Holy farrrrrrrkkkkking hell. McMahon is a GOD!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mangamax on 12 December, 2014, 12:04:58 PM
I've posted this stunner on the Forum before but, with a dedicated thread now for commission work, why not give the beauty another airing?
Behold, the launch piece to my "Someone Old, Someone New" project:

I didn't know Black Max, but I recognised Robot Archie, The Spider and Janus Stark  (and Dredd of course), but who's the long haired dude?

Mangamax

Ah, that be Adam Eterno - middle ages hero, cursed not only to travel though time and be plopped down to have an adventure there before being whisked off again, but immortal as well. Except to gold, which he seemed to be threatned by in even more bizarre, ingenious and downright ways as the strip went on.

The notion of a celtic warrior travelling through itme to sort out so wrong-doing of course came around again with Slaine, so felt it only fitting, when i had the chance to ask Glenn Fabry for something, to have the two meet:

Mangamax

This was my first ever commission, brought about by me not having a clue what to get my Wife Christmas in 2004.
So i approached Ian Gibson at that years Dreddcon about him doing a piece teaming up Emma Peel (my Wife is a massive fan of the Avengers) and Jennifer Garner in Alias (she was deeply into that show at the time).
And this is what he came up with. Very much enjoyed the banter with Ian, not least his hilarious tirades on the oddness of Jennifer Garner's face and what a pig it was to try and capture it  :D