Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Another piece of brilliance, Chief.

M.I.K.

Ulysses hasn't half bulked up.

chiefy2shoes

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 March, 2015, 05:18:48 PM
Another piece of brilliance, Chief.

Thanks Link. When I can rummage up some funds I'll be getting the villains version. I also have some potentially cool commissions to pick up at London Super Con in two weeks.

Geoff

Dredd welcomes Butcher to Mega City 1. Convention sketch by the lovely John McCrea from the London Comic Con at the weekend, at this link:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1210843&GSub=165309

Great piece I think, he really worked hard that Saturday - friends were bringing him packs of crisps and chocolates to keep him going as he sketched!

(Still having problems with the KB limit when trying to upload to the forum, so hope the link works)

Link Prime

I've witnessed McCrea's sketching prowess a few times first hand- he's amazing.

chiefy2shoes

Great stuff. That McCrea sure can draw. He was doing a cracking Mars Attacks piece when I stopped by his table. Here's my haul from LSCC. Sadly only one 2000 ad related piece. My timing sucked and I missed the Flint, Willsher and Staples droids at at the 2000 ad booth.

Dredd & Hellboy by Andy Clift

Batwoman by Josan Gonzalez

Alice Kane by Sabine Rich

Superman v Monster by Dean Beattie

Serpentor by Dave Wachter

Moloram by Dave Wachter

Link Prime

A particularly striking piece by Sabine Rich there.
Haven't come across her work before.

Colin YNWA

There's a number of both characters and artists I don't know there Chief but that doesn't stop it all being damned lovely stuff!

Particularly fond of that Supes one and Moloram (is he the bloke from Temple of Doom?)

chiefy2shoes

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 18 March, 2015, 09:31:18 PM
There's a number of both characters and artists I don't know there Chief but that doesn't stop it all being damned lovely stuff!

Particularly fond of that Supes one and Moloram (is he the bloke from Temple of Doom?)

Thanks. Yeah Moloram is from Temple of Doom. I'm finding that prices for artist at cons (and pre con orders especially) seem to have skyrocketed over the last year or so. With that in mind I now tend to hit the perhaps less well known artists in a bid to save some funds.

chiefy2shoes

Being a big G.I Joe fan and knowing that Keith Burns (The Boys, upcoming Johnny Red) is the master of aviation comics I decided to commission him to do me a reimagining of a scene form G.I Joe issue 34 which is basically a long dogfight between the Joe Skystriker and the Cobra Rattler. Here is the result. Needless to say I'm very pleased.

hippynumber1

Wow! Very dynamic! I don't know the characters at all but that's a great commission!

Simon Beigh

One man's GI Joe is another man's Action Force... Are they the same characters, Chief? I always thought they were...

Lovely commish - I really like it. Presume you'll be heading to FCBD at FP on May 2nd with your trusty sketchbook?

chiefy2shoes

Thanks guys. Yeah G.I. Joe/Action Force, all the same thing really.

Re FCBD at FP. Oh man, I didn't even know about this. I'm working all day Saturday so will have to give it a miss. Shame as it's a rare appearance of the McMahon Doid. 

Simon Beigh

That's a shame, fella... I'd say 'another time' but no idea if McMahon will be doing any more of these. Hopefully he will...

Fungus

Late to this thread, but I have to say how great that Batwoman is. It's bold and quirky and it does it for me... Great left-field pics the rest, too  :)