Main Menu

2000 AD Cover of the Year 2019!

Started by Pete Wells, 21 December, 2019, 06:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Hi all, sorry I'm a bit late with this, here we go...

Now that we've had all of this year's glorious 2000AD covers, it's time for the annual cover of the year vote! You can see all the covers here, and of course, click 'em to enlarge 'em:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/2000-ad/2019

I'd like you to CLEARLY list your THREE favourites, in ORDER. THREE points will be awarded to your fave, TWO points for second and ONE point for third. Please try and be explicit with this and maybe give a little comment to say why you chose each cover as it makes it a bit more interesting for the rest of us!

The closing date is midnight on Saturday 4th January 2020...

A Meg thread will be along shortly...

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

james newell

1 -  2137

2 - 2118

3 - 2131

Tomwe

Yay voting! Rob's cover came along the other week and totally blew me away so it has to win for me. Then the spotlight on Presidente really showed off the design even if it wasn't painted by MacNeil. Pretty much the same for the Mechanismo cover by Robinson. Great stuff! Thanks for taking the poll Pete!
1st: 2159
2nd: 2153
3rd: 2115

Eamonn Clarke

1. 2143 Tiernen Trevallion
2. 2126 D'Israeli
3. 2146 Paul Williams

Only 3 this year is tough. Really wanted to get some Chris Weston in there, or Cliff Robinson's Judge Fire, or the splendid Leigh Gallagher Kingmaker wraparound, and talking about wraparound there was Stewart K Moore's Defoe cover. D'oh!

Colin YNWA

What an incredibly high standard. Always love doing this. I go with looking at the thumb nails and seeing which spring out and hold their theme at that size as an indicator how well they pop on the shelf. On that basis.

3rd Prog 2130 - Holds the fresh energy of the regene prog so well.
2nd Prog 2140 - So creepy - those eye!
1st Prog 2122 - While a love the end of year Prog this one has move energy and excitment

abelardsnazz

shaolin_monkey

IndigoPrime

von Boom

strontium pup

Proudhuff

Not a great year for covers, but here's my tuppence worth:

1. Prog 2143, a classic salute and farewell

2. Prog 2131, A minkey in a at, non?

3. Prog 2115, Big guns and bigger chins

DDT did a job on me

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

sheridan

• 2131 The Ape of Good Hope!  The usual chin off with a subtle difference...   
  • 2135 Beware the Woods (I'm a sucker for covers which look like film posters)
  • 2153 All Hail el Presidente!  Looks like a revolutionary poster.
This post brought to you by the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 5.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.