Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rog69

I am two weeks overdue for a haircut, the wife's bout of sinusitis is now in it's third week which is keeping me awake at night because it makes her snore like someone cutting corrugated steel with a rusty chainsaw.

I have just had a zit the size of Switzerland pop up on my chin, all this is making me look like an extra from the walking dead and I have to go and have a photo taken for a new security pass in the morning.

vzzbux

Because Steps have got back together again. What a TRAGEDY to the world.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SpetsnaZ99

You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Tomorrow I am off to the hospital for a small operation, for which I expected to have a local anaesthetic. It turns out I'm having a general so if I'm not back online in the evening I may be dead.
I had to laugh at one line in my letter from the hospital that mentioned the risks include death  :o
It's these general anaesthetics that get people!

SuperSurfer

All the best CF. And see you back online in the evening.

Something Fishy

Hope it went OK.

Not wrong about Generals.

I thought i'd leave it until now to mention as it went badly for me last time.

Hope you are OK now and came through well.

COMMANDO FORCES

Cheers, I went up for 08:00 and was second in the theatre at 09:30. The first bloke came back in shit state, seemed a bit affected by the general. I wandered in and had a chat with the team and just clocked the time before they put me under at 09:45.
The next thing I knew, it was 10:30 and I was in recovery and the surgery had gone well. I was pushed back to the ward and waited for the all clear but I couldn't leave until Caz could get me at 14:30. I just spent the time reading and being on the net.
I've not taken any of the painkillers, as I haven't felt any yet and the weird thing is they used glue instead of stitches.
When I left they offered to push me to the hospital entrance in a wheelchair but I could not have my manhood dented like that and I walked but I had to let the missus carry my daysack, rules!

I'm lying in bed now with my surgical bloody stockings on, I'm dead sexy I am!

I've also been told that I can have 28 days sick and more if I need it. I only booked two days holiday as well. They did day that I will need a minimum of a week before I can drive, so I will be on the sick for the first time in my life as I need my holidays for a few future exciting things. Plus Carolyn has told me to take a week off or else  :-\

I will have to ring work tomorrow and see how I go about this and get my sick note to them!

betel_uk

Good to hear it all went well... :)

Take the sick leave! When your time comes, I can guarantee you won't be thinking "I wish I'd spent more time at work"!

Something Fishy

Glad you are OK mate.

I didn't say much as i have nearly died twice under general.

The second time was because they ignored my notes and gave me opiates again.

Last time was especially bad with lungs and heart stopping.  2 hour op ended up being most of the day after having to stop for resus.  Nearly ended up with a puncture in my kneck due to vocal chords collapsing.

I came through though in the end. 

I thought i'd tell you about that afterwards though  :lol:

Tombo

My DVD recorder has died after less than six months so I have to take it into work today to get it replaced.  It's not all bad though as the replacement will be a better model with a hard drive which is on sale at the moment.  I had planned to buy the more expensive one originally but thanks to a dentists bill it was just too much for my bank balance at the time, now its actually a tenner cheaper than my current one  :)

Still going to now have to spend ten minutes or so un-knitting all the cables so I can take it in  :( 

Roger Godpleton

Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon are getting divorced.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Christov

Rog69

I had forgotten until this afternoon just how horrible painting ceilings was.

To make matters worse, my paint pad has been eaten by mice in the shed so I had to use a brush and I've just been in and taken a look at how it's all drying and it looks as patchy as hell.

COMMANDO FORCES

#Something Fishy, pretty intense stuff there, you could have told me all that before as I love that sort of stuff.

I'm bored stiff with this enforced sick leave bollocks, I don't know what the unemployed do all day and night. Anyway, I went into the doctors on Monday to hand a letter in from the hospital and also book an appointment on Friday to get signed back on to work. The woman on the desk goes 'that's fully booked up, so if you ring up on that morning at 08:00 we'll see if anyone drops out and we can fit you in'.
I replied, 'I need to get signed back on. Unlike all these malingerers and wasters in here I actually want to work and this is the only thing stopping me'. She looked at me in shock and then gave me their phone number.

I just pissed off with the number thinking to myself 'this is another reason why our country is SHIT'.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

My hands are going to stink of kerosene for the next three days and the boiler still isn't working. I've done everything I can short of taking the thing apart and the last time I did that I accidentally changed the fuel:air ratio :-[. Now, I have to get a man in tomorrow to fix it.
You may quote me on that.