Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Seconded! (But I think if they were ever going to do it, they would have done it already.)

Blue Cactus

Action Force - I imagine the art is great. Can anyone vouch for the stories themselves? I have a soft spot for the toys/designs, not sure I read more than a couple of episodes of the strip though.

Barrington Boots

The Action Force stories are a mixed bag - they're based off a toyline, so they can be a bit basic at times. They're very violent (if bloodlessly so) for a kids comic though - they never miss a chance for someone to die nastily, often accompanied by dialogue like 'Aiieee! The pirahnas - eating me alive!'. Definitely not as good / gritty as a lot of the classic Battle strips but if you like old comics (and are nostalgic) I'm sure you'll dig them.

The Red Shadow stuff, which I assume this all is, is a bit dafter than the Cobra stuff as it includes Space Force and aquatic monsters.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Richard on 09 April, 2024, 08:54:39 PMSeconded! (But I think if they were ever going to do it, they would have done it already.)

Thirded on this, but yes, I think we can assume not happening now.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

A.Cow

Quote from: Fortnight on 09 April, 2024, 05:49:58 PMMaybe Hibernia could do editions of the remaining stories from Wildcat. I thought Rebellion would do volumes for Kitten Magee, Joe Alien, and the Wildcat Complete after they'd done Turbo Jones and Loner, but it's been a while now so I'm assuming it's not cost effective for them.

I'm confused by this.  Surely 95% of the market for Turbo Jones and Loner would be people who already know what Wildcat was?  And, given that Wildcat's stories were inter-linked at points, why package them stand-alone?

Wouldn't there be more sales potential in publishing all the Wildcat stories together, as a full set, split across a couple of volumes?

Fortnight

Quote from: A.Cow on 10 April, 2024, 12:40:38 PMSurely 95% of the market for Turbo Jones and Loner would be people who already know what Wildcat was?  And, given that Wildcat's stories were inter-linked at points, why package them stand-alone?

Wouldn't there be more sales potential in publishing all the Wildcat stories together, as a full set, split across a couple of volumes?
I had the same thought too, but since two already are out, and the remaining three are stalled (or abandoned), my assumption was that they'd decided not to bother with anything more.

Plus once the teams split up in issue 1, there's barely any crossover. Doesn't mean it's a bad idea though. I'd buy them.

If they can't put the work hours into faffing about with scans they can use my scans for nothing!

BPP

I really enjoyed the two wildcat books - absolutely agree hibernia should jump in.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

redsquirrel

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 31 March, 2024, 01:39:54 PMJust an ongoing series of Black Beth in the prog would be great.
Another vote for this