Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Geoff

Pretty sure that will go significantly higher...

The Murray Dredd cover is at $6500 at mo, pretty sure that'll go significantly higher too!

CalHab

The Murray one has the benefit of featuring Batman, Dredd, the Joker and the Dark Judges.

In my minds eye I see an American comic fan, possibly with a hotdog in one greasy hand, grasping at the Bisley page. "How much do y'all want for the Conan page?".

*Apologies to any Americans who read this. Feel free to ascribe any negative national stereotypes to me. They're probably accurate.

Fungus

Quote from: CalHab on 09 August, 2017, 01:13:54 PM
The Murray one has the benefit of featuring Batman, Dredd, the Joker and the Dark Judges.

In my minds eye I see an American comic fan, possibly with a hotdog in one greasy hand, grasping at the Bisley page. "How much do y'all want for the Conan page?".

*Apologies to any Americans who read this. Feel free to ascribe any negative national stereotypes to me. They're probably accurate.
Wow.

Geoff

Update on the auction: the Bisley Slaine DPS went for around $11k and the Murry Dredd cover for around $23k. Er...don't suppose either went to anyone on here...?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Geoff on 18 August, 2017, 01:33:40 PM
Update on the auction: the Bisley Slaine DPS went for around $11k and the Murry Dredd cover for around $23k. Er...don't suppose either went to anyone on here...?

Thems big numbers!

Eamonn Clarke

Bought from David Roach at LSCC for £100
From Prog 715 (I think)

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

SuperSurfer

What a brilliant page you got there, Spikes. Comic art collector gold.

I, Cosh

Here's what I blew all my hungover cash on at the 40th birthday bash. It doesn't quite belong in the "2000AD Original Art" thread, but then it definitely doesn't fit the "Non-2000AD Art" thread either.

I was in the hall early enough to have the pleasure of flipping through the whole set of John McCrea's Dredd Deviations art. There were two standout pages and, after a bit of thought, I went for this final splash page. It's really interesting how the colouring of the published version has softened the tone of the story slightly.

We never really die.

Spikes

Oh, I think that piece more than qualifies for this thread, Cosh. Cracking art from the McCrea droid, who just gets better and better imo.

And I've still not picked this Deviations tale. Must pull my finger out...

Spikes

Fresh from Thought Bubble;

A pre-ordered commission from the legend that is Ian Kennedy. I had bought a Hammerstein piece from him at the 40th bash, so definitely needed to get a Ro-Jaws to go alongside that. And I asked for a green glow effect, as opposed to Ian's more usual use of orange or red. Seemed more appropriate for a smelly old sewer droid,  ;)

And whilst at Ian's table, my eye was caught by this chap, and I couldn't resist.

Also managed to secure a few more sketches for my book.

The Walking Dredd, by the Adlard droid

Whilst super happy with all my purchases, I was mega pleased to have finally met up with INJ Culbard. Gotta be Wren, innit.

Leigh S

Ian Kennedy on Rogue - why did this not happen???