Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Let's play Global Thermal Nuclear War.

Nukemap

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: M.I.K. on 28 November, 2020, 04:09:55 AM
Quote from: M.I.K. on 28 November, 2020, 03:27:44 AM
Shoosht... I'm seeing if I can use it to recreate The Hay Wain.

No, really, I was. Compare and contrast...

It's a bit "expressionistic".

You did a good job trying to recreate it, but yours is a bit too small.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

von Boom

Quote from: Mister Pops on 01 December, 2020, 08:19:20 PM
That's Christmas sorted
That is more fun than it has a right to be. I wish I had the bottle to buy and give some of the selections.

I have heard through the grapevine that the poxy landlord of my last flat has had not one, but two possible sales of the flat I was turfed out of fall through! I know I shouldn't feel happy about this with the silly season upon us, but I can't help but feel that maybe, just maybe, there's a bit of justice in the world after all.

If you want to see a couple of old Japanese guys in their 50/60s rocking the fuck out, then CLICK HERE.

Trust me, you want to.

Funt Solo

That's Christmas sorted

I had some fun clicking on that and getting results like "tanned ferret-hides", and now I'm getting auto-emails (which, I realize I can switch off) saying "Hey! Are you still interested in those tanned ferret-hides?"

Whoever's selling those must be super excited to see someone browsing.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

von Boom

Quote from: Funt Solo on 10 December, 2020, 04:37:56 PM
That's Christmas sorted

I had some fun clicking on that and getting results like "tanned ferret-hides", and now I'm getting auto-emails (which, I realize I can switch off) saying "Hey! Are you still interested in those tanned ferret-hides?"

Whoever's selling those must be super excited to see someone browsing.
I really am!

Funt Solo

Dobby has come to protect!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

:D

Biden and Harris are Time's Person(s) of the Year.  And Trump was jealous when a teenaged girl got it. I've given up the pretence that I'm not enjoying the schadenfreude. For a man who seems to hate losers so much, he's been doing a LOT of losing lately.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

I explained the concept of Occam's Razor to my daughter the other day, and she's since referenced it back to me a couple of times - but has forgotten the name, so instead opted for both "Feldon's Puzzle" and "Glandorf's Mindsweeper".
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Thanks to Neal Stephenson, I have to resist calling it Gardan's Steelyard.

Quote from: Funt Solo on 12 December, 2020, 05:41:00 PM
I explained the concept of Occam's Razor to my daughter the other day, and she's since referenced it back to me a couple of times - but has forgotten the name, so instead opted for both "Feldon's Puzzle" and "Glandorf's Mindsweeper".

Have you heard of Newton's Flaming Lazer Sword? That which cannot be settled by experiment is not worth debating.

So named because although it can be very effective, it's also quite dangerous, especially in the wrong hands.

TordelBack

How to reconcile the pure nerd joy of watching the Starship SN-8 test with daily reinforcement of the fact that Musk is a bona-fide c*nt.

Smith

Sinister Dexter predicted the virtual-actors trend. Im sure nobody pointed that out before.

Tjm86

I'd have to check dates but I'd put Gibson's "Idoru" ahead of Sin / Dex on that score ...