Main Menu

Game News - Judge Dredd: Crime Files

Started by Bolt-01, 21 October, 2019, 03:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Must saying I've been really enjoying this (since attending to Greg's helpful hints). I think the art is rather lovely - the slightly stiff Robin Smith style Dredd seems more to do with 3D modelling of his uniform (apparently from, as Steve says, the 3A 12"), but it's offset by spot-on Dredditude and catchy growling (more than one child has been told "Plenty of cube time for you, creep" this past week).  I particularly like the Ron Smith fatties, and the gormless looking juves.

While endlessly grinding those creds I get a lot of satisfaction from clearing out 14 perps without executing a single one.

sheridan

Anybody else notice that some of the crimes are now taking place in Hershey Memorial Square (or Plaza, should have written this while it was on screen).  Bang up to date on memorialising dead Chief Judges!

Dark Jimbo

Yup, there's some lovely attention to detail overall. This game has become a godsend, as work gets ultra-quiet in the Christmas run-up!

Really starting to struggle to hold my own on the last few Upgraded missions - need the cards that'll let me upgrade Armour Piercing and Rapid Fire x4! It's got a superbly balanced difficulty curve, I have to say.
@jamesfeistdraws

Trooper McFad

I find using Hi-Ex, Lawrod Stun and Lawrod standard shell very useful taking out the groups with a combination of Stum gas & frag grenade it sees me past most the missions without "mission failure" but could do with a few cards being upgraded a bit more.
Still enjoying it though😃👍🏻

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

TordelBack

So after a little break, I've been bashing away at this for a good while and enjoying it massively - the KMK plotline was great fun, great to see so many familiar robots. However, I've now 3-starred everything on Easy, and I'm closing in on finishing up Medium (Hard proving more of a grind - a lot depends on getting a perfect sequence of Critical Hits, which takes time...). 

Is that it, though? Is any more story content likely? I got so much value out of it that I dropped a fiver on getting rod of ads, but I've not put any money into buying in-game credits. If that's the revenue pattern, maybe there isn't much profit in commissioning more of that lovely character art?

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 June, 2020, 06:03:14 PM
So after a little break, I've been bashing away at this for a good while and enjoying it massively - the KMK plotline was great fun, great to see so many familiar robots. However, I've now 3-starred everything on Easy, and I'm closing in on finishing up Medium (Hard proving more of a grind - a lot depends on getting a perfect sequence of Critical Hits, which takes time...). 

Is that it, though? Is any more story content likely? I got so much value out of it that I dropped a fiver on getting rod of ads, but I've not put any money into buying in-game credits. If that's the revenue pattern, maybe there isn't much profit in commissioning more of that lovely character art?

Glad I'm not the only one still playing every day (though I've not got as far as you).  I did get stuck at one point, but I think they might have changed a few of the settings in the latest update, so I'll have another stab at it soon.

Dark Jimbo

Yep, still playing occasionally. I'm glad for Hard mode being so hard, as 3-starring it is thankfully taking me a goodly while. Like Tord, I'm thinking 'What then?'
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

Finally got this a couple of weeks ago. This kind of card game isn't something I'm familiar with but the Mega-City texture makes it quite enjoyable.

However...
Quote from: TordelBack on 03 November, 2019, 11:13:47 AM
Anyway,  I'm barely halfway through the Doggz mission, at Level 4. I just can't seem to get my damage high enough,  or the order of cards flexible enough,  to push past the ex baddies once they hit 100+ health.

I'm halfway through the third story and - from one episode to the next - regular enemy health jumps from around 140 to over 300. Sure I can focus on cards that have a chance to instantly kill but if that doesn't work out I'm screwed. Any tips other than grinding out upgrades?
We never really die.

Trooper McFad

I've not played this for a while but I know I resorted to grinding through repeats of past levels to earn cash to buy stum gas and other grenades this allows plenty of hits without a counter hit but you do have to grind out a lot🙁 (designed for those with little patience to spend real cash).
I think there's been at least one update since I last played.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!