Main Menu

Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! Round 4

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 March, 2021, 05:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

That's really just a variation on "Stow the Silver Bullets - Bike Cannon!" though, isn't it?

Quote from: Funt Solo on 04 March, 2021, 09:51:22 PM
"Bullet seems to work." - Ennis doing great laconic Dredd.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well well well some Epics just can't be stopped. All we can hope for is that other Epics migth join them in their seemingly relentless march to the top.

Progressing to the next round:

Mechanismo - 51 points
City of the Damned - 26 points
Sin City - 25 points
The Chief Judge's Man - 13 points

Going into the 44 - 37 position play off:

Judgement Day - 6 points
Doomsday - 5 points
The Ecstasy - 1 point
Blood Trials - well I really like it at least....

For one of our unstoppable troop the march seems to be slowing, the other however is rallying. Mechanismo shows its form makes it a real one to watch and Sin City puts in a good opening performance.

But come on folks what's wrong with Blood Trails?

Come back Monday when some very interesting choices join the fray!

Dark Jimbo

I like Blood Trails, and would have thrown it a vote if we'd had four spots to fill. We need more epics (micro epics?) where the stakes are based on character jeopardy rather than THOUSANDS WILL DIE! threats that we've seen so many times before.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 March, 2021, 07:51:38 AM
We need more epics (micro epics?) where the stakes are based on character jeopardy rather than THOUSANDS WILL DIE! threats that we've seen so many times before.

Yeah that's the factor that really makes this one work for me. Its tight and personal which is fascinating for a character like Dredd.

broodblik

There was a stage when we had all the epics only related to killing of millions and destroying cities. This might be a reason why something like even Day of Chaos I do nor ate near my top epics.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 March, 2021, 08:07:26 AM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 March, 2021, 07:51:38 AM
We need more epics (micro epics?) where the stakes are based on character jeopardy rather than THOUSANDS WILL DIE! threats that we've seen so many times before.

Yeah that's the factor that really makes this one work for me. Its tight and personal which is fascinating for a character like Dredd.

And as far as a Sov revenge plan goes it makes so much more sense. If Dredd, personally, is their target, surely they'd try to strike at those closest to him rather than BRING MEGA-CITY ONE TO ITS KNEES (AGAIN). Rest assured I'll give it some love come the play-offs.
@jamesfeistdraws

BPP

I'm glad City of the Dammed is getting its reputation restored.

Am still a bit iffy about mechanismo being considered in this competition. It's more a constant theme in Dredd rather than an epic. You could equally argue the stand alone PJ maybe stuff is all a mega-epic or the Letter From / Democracy stuff or argue Harvey is part of the mechanismo epic.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Quote from: BPP on 06 March, 2021, 09:40:41 AM
Am still a bit iffy about mechanismo being considered in this competition. It's more a constant theme in Dredd rather than an epic. You could equally argue the stand alone PJ maybe stuff is all a mega-epic or the Letter From / Democracy stuff or argue Harvey is part of the mechanismo epic.

While I don't necessarily disagree in AlexF we abide. He took the time to work his magic and while I'm doing my upmost to unpick that, we must work with his madness engine.

The answer remains if you're not sure don't vote for it and the majority will win the day...

...but you are clearly right!

Southstreeter

Bugger, I missed this. I'd have definitely given Judgement Day a vote. And I have a soft spot for Blood Trails. Ah well, I'll boost them in the wooden spoon vote.