Main Menu

Black Mirror Season 4

Started by Goaty, 29 December, 2017, 03:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Just noting it as a refreshing change.

A good story is a good story regardless of the gender of the lead.

Though I do tend to think you get a bit more variety with female leads; writers can be less inclined to have them punch their way out of trouble. By now we've seen that lots of times.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mattofthespurs

Loved 'Hang The DJ'.

I have 2 left to watch. Metal Head and Black Museum.

Mattofthespurs

Watched Metalhead tonight.
Simple, but very effective.
Probably the least of the series so far but still very good.

Tiplodocus

In order for me:
Hang the Dj》》》》》》Metalhead 》》Callister》Black Museum》》》Arkangel》》》》》》》》》》》》Crocodile.

I actually still quite enjoyed the ones I didn't enjoy if that makes sense. Nice to see smartly written and very well acted and produced genre stuff.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mattofthespurs

Just finished Black Museum.
Excellent stuff.
the whole series was more Monkey Loves you.

Keef Monkey

After a bit of time to digest the whole series, the episode I look back on in the season as my favourite is definitely Hang The DJ. Lovely story and didn't go in the direction I expected it to ([spoiler]possibly conditioned by the downbeat nature of Black Mirror endings I actually thought that the dating app would turn out to be a scam cover for a prostitution ring - at one point it made such a point of him being tied up in long stays while she was pretty much just being assigned one night stands constantly. I figured the guys were rich paying customers in on the scam who just wanting to 'rent' a willing woman. I think I just expected it to be unpleasant, and that was the most unpleasant twist I could think of! I'm glad that didn't turn out to be the case, and it was a rare instance of a really feel-good episode instead)[/spoiler].

I enjoyed them all though, and thought Callister was a great romp and a really fun episode. I sometimes think Brooker's humor comes through a lot less in the last couple of series, with the exception of the occasional episode and Callister was one of those.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just watched Callister. Worth thing about it: what happened to all the people stranded on planets? What happened to the Khan analogue?
Lock up your spoons!

Mattofthespurs

Smithereens.

Wow.

Just wow.

This was incredible.

Andrew Scott. Take a bow. Looking forward to the next two.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 05 June, 2019, 09:39:42 PM
Smithereens.

Wow.

Just wow.

This was incredible.

Is that one of the season 5 episodes? I'm getting the impression Netflix have done the same thing as Love, Death & Robots and shuffled the episode order for different accounts, we watched the first one last night and got a different episode (Fighting Vipers)!

I'm not sure why they do that, and it does make it more complicated when you turn up at work and the pre-spoiler chat question is 'has everyone watched the first one?'!

Radbacker

Yes Smithereens just f$@ken wow, that's some quality TV right there.  Number 2 in my order with Steel Vipers as playing first, just Hannah Montana grown up to go but it will have to be good to beat that.  Pitty there's only 3 EPA this Sean but it's worth it just for Smithereens I think, suppose you could add Bandersnatch in for this season to make it 4 EPISODES.

CU Radbacker

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 06 June, 2019, 10:17:17 AM
Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 05 June, 2019, 09:39:42 PM
Smithereens.

Wow.

Just wow.

This was incredible.

Is that one of the season 5 episodes?

I just picked that one to watch first as I like Andrew Scott.

Keef Monkey

Ah ok, I had heard people mention the episodes popping up in a different order so thought that was happening!

We similarly skipped one to watch the Miley Cyrus episode because we'd seen folk posting about the Nine Inch Nails connection and wanted to see what that was all about. Was very good! Smithereens next.

Mattofthespurs

Watched the Miley Cyrus one last night. Enjoyed it. She was excellent.

Theblazeuk

Smithereens was good. As someone who works in a vague vicinity of the surveillance superculture made possible by digital identity, I thought it did a great job of showing the limits of traditional legal routes of investigation vs the insights available to the digital overlords. Though that said most of it is literally publicly available if you look rather than just in the hands of those with admin powers.

MacabreMagpie

Nine Inch Nails have released a collaborative shirt for the episode that Trent's music is used, for those interested! I love this XD

https://store.nin.com/collections/clothing/products/head-like-a-hole-x-black-mirror-tee