Main Menu

Meg 308 - Mega-City Meltdown

Started by Buttonman, 26 February, 2011, 01:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Enjoyable issue with good chats with Shaky Kane and Tim Bradstreet. Both the Proudfoot and Watson names appear in Dreddlines - will the merry dance ever end?

Probably, he's at least 60 odd and living on that skag ridden estate...

Jim_Campbell

Is that Anderson image on the inside back MASSIVE SPOILER [spoiler]you were warned! [spoiler]deliberately supposed to evoke Alpha and the Final Solution?[/spoiler]

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bluecube

Ooooooooh! That's a good point! Naaahhhh... They wouldn't would they? Would they?!?

Great Dredd BTW. Nice to see Hershey back along with the fatties. We need have some more of the mega city weirdos back. I miss Two Ton Tony Tubbs!
An Atlantean Triumvirate
Ghosts of the Past
The Centre Cannot Hold

My eBooks are available here for Amazon Kindle. Feedback always welcome!

Alski

Quote from: Buttonman on 26 February, 2011, 01:45:53 PM

Both the Proudfoot and Watson names appear in Dreddlines - will the merry dance ever end?

Do they? I can see Hewitt, Klie, Morgan, Proudfoot and Crowder, but no Watson.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Alski

... and don't count having someone else quote you as being "in Dreddlines" you cheater!
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Proudhuff

The scondrel!! He should have his woggles torn off and pen broken over his knee.

Other wise a fine Meg, GReat to see Hershey on the streets again, but I did find the Flab-on a bit of a distraction

All the B&W stories fine form too
DDT did a job on me

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Proudhuff on 01 March, 2011, 03:50:18 PM

Other wise a fine Meg

Yeah, the Meg seems to have hit a rare stride, hasn't it? Every time I convince myself that when I return to the States I don't need to spend the money on a subscription it pulls me back in.

Buttonman

"Both the Proudfoot and Watson names appear in Dreddlines "

What part of this sentence is incorrect?

If anything my achievement is the greater as I'm a quoteable notable where as poor old Tom is just gibbering his nonsense to his audience of one (himself) as always!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 01 March, 2011, 05:14:11 PM
"Both the Proudfoot and Watson names appear in Dreddlines "

What part of this sentence is incorrect?

If anything my achievement is the greater as I'm a quoteable notable where as poor old Tom is just gibbering his nonsense to his audience of two (himself and me) as always!

Fixed that for you!

Cough, cough, Scores please? cough cough!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

only six subbies now... ??! I thought this issue would have generated a bit more steam, given the Dredd action and the pacing of Inserection, not to mention the ending of the Sov thang, onyways...

I got a loverly copy of Stone Island from that nice Mr Tharg for my letter, reading it in full (Stone Island not my letter) Its a crackiing tale, wonder what that Mr Watson got, apart from a mention?  :D

Text articles don't float my boat this moth but that can't happen every month, but Shakey Kane colours really do stand out against the general monochrome of this issue, personally I like his one-off designs but find it interupts the story telling if used to tell a tale.

DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Proudhuff is the new Cyberleader2000  :lol:

Hurry alter those spelling musticks!

SmallBlueThing

Mr langley's cover the highlight of this meg for me, im afraid. The dredd strip is taking its time getting somewhere that i feel shouldve been approached by a more direct route. Numbercruncher is the best strip in the mag- as i said last month, i approach it thinking i dont like it, then after two pages remember how good it is. There's a space on my shelf for the collected edition. Two pages was as far as i got with samizdat squad, sorry. Not for me. Insurrection i can take or leave, but the art is always pleasing.

Shaky Kane? Interesting. Im not a fan, but it was nice to hear his 'voice'. Tim bradstreet means nothing to me, other than his dredd pic- which he wasnt even asked about! and the numbercruncher interview was fun. Movie stuff as always a mixed bag. I have no intention of seeing anything reviewed this month, so im probably not the best person to ask. And the samantha slade floppie increased the height of my meg floppies pile by a couple of millimeters.

Anderson next month. Killing her off? Unlikely, i'd say.

SBT

IndigoPrime

Slightly odd that they're not tying in more interviews with the floppies. I'm not a massive Shaky fan, but it would have made sense to collect a few of his strips this month, surely?

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 March, 2011, 04:18:59 PM
Slightly odd that they're not tying in more interviews with the floppies. I'm not a massive Shaky fan, but it would have made sense to collect a few of his strips this month, surely?

Thank god they didn't

James Stacey

yup. Never a fan of the shaky one. If he's so influenced by American comics he should have been submitting his work to them not toof :)