Main Menu

Dylan Dog

Started by Mattofthespurs, 25 November, 2018, 03:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Anyone else read this?

I've been visiting Italy twice a year for the past four years and have got right into this series. So much so that I'm using it to help me learn Italian (along with several language programmes.)

It's a brilliant series, well drawn and, at times, very funny. Also referencing several horror films like Dawn of the Dead along the way.

I have the Dark Horse 6 issue collection that was translated into English but the bulk of my collection is in Italian.

If there is anyone out there, and it's a long shot, that has any original Italian copies I would be willing to buy them off you. If not I'm happy to discuss the content. Although my Italian is coming along it still takes me a week to read 68 pages of every issue.

I love this series (nearly 400 issues so far plus some specials) but I doubt many people in the UK read it.

Here's hoping. I buy as many as I can when in Italy but still only have about a dozen (not including the Dark Horse versions where they change the side kick from Groucho to Felix through fear of being sued by Groucho Marx's estate...He looks just like him and it's suggested that he is him.)

The stall at the end of the bus station in Rome is the best place to get them. They have loads at 2-3 euros each but my money only allows me 3-4 a visit.

Managed to pick up some omnibuses' of 3 issues each at Pisa recently. Florence had none that I could find.

Smith

Right here,long time fan actually.Thou my reading has been all over the place and by no way in chronological order.

Third Estate Ned

I wish you had written this a few weeks ago, I had a few issues knocking about in the garage but I left them recently at a book crossing. I think I might still have n. 143 entitled Apocalisse, I'll have a look when I can. I've lived in Italy for about 15 years and I bought them, like you, to practise reading the language.

If you like, there is a flea market in my town once a month where they sell lots of second hand copies, as well as a few second hand shops. Are there any particular issues you would like? I could get them for you directly. TBH, though, if you're coming here twice a year, it might not be worth your while me posting them to the UK. With the P&P it would be like you buying them new when you visit. Let me know what you think.

Have you tried other Italian titles like Martin Mystère and Nathan Never?

Mattofthespurs

Hi Third Estate Ned.

Thanks for the offer but as you say I suspect  p&p would be high.

Glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying this series. Next time I'm over (hopefully in April to Rome) I'm going to buy loads.

Have managed to snag a couple of eBay too.

I haven't tried any of the other titles yet as I love DD and there are hundreds left for me to get.

Third Estate Ned

No worries. Another great source of second hand stuff is Subito.it. you can localise it to where you're going. Here is some DD stuff in Rome:

https://m.subito.it/annunci-lazio/vendita/usato/?q=Dylan+dog&qso=false

Mattofthespurs