Main Menu

Variant Covers (list of progs needed)

Started by QC, 21 August, 2013, 02:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkymonkey

...Anybody got a spare copy of that Prog 2005 Rogue Trooper cover they feel like sending to a new home..?

Or that 1589 X-ray variant..?

jrdd

The Diesel prog reminded me there are two other promotional progs I know of, just to add to the list...

2009 San Diego ComicCon
A5 48-page issue of reprints, with Tharg on the cover (from prog 1650).  Not sure if any other 'con progs' have been produced?

Micro Comic
A5 16-page issue from 2000/01 I think (it has the 'white background' logo they used for a few months at that time).  Think this was given away with Rebellion games (Gunlok) and mags like FHM.  Greg Staples Dredd cover (from prog 1157) and reprinting Judge Dredd: Crossing Ken Dodd by Jock and ABC Warriors by Kev Walker (from Prog 2000).

Skullmo

No sure if it is of interest to anyone but I have a couple of variant Prog 970 with no barcode. They were made for promotional purposes.

I'm off to a party but PM if you want one. I have no idea what they are worth, just make me an offer.

Postage will be around £2.50 in a board envelope. They are in pretty great shape with minimal wear.

It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

Oops I should probably have posted that on the classifieds thread, can someone move it please!

strontium71

I think it's alright on this thread - after all it is about Variants. I've PMd you btw  :)
...because I hate you.

inkymonkey

vark

Quote from: jrdd on 31 August, 2013, 01:02:35 PM
The Diesel prog reminded me there are two other promotional progs I know of, just to add to the list...

2009 San Diego ComicCon
A5 48-page issue of reprints, with Tharg on the cover (from prog 1650).  Not sure if any other 'con progs' have been produced?
I've recently asked Denise about that and it seems it was the only one ever produced.

Quote from: jrdd on 31 August, 2013, 01:02:35 PM
Micro Comic
A5 16-page issue from 2000/01 I think (it has the 'white background' logo they used for a few months at that time).  Think this was given away with Rebellion games (Gunlok) and mags like FHM.  Greg Staples Dredd cover (from prog 1157) and reprinting Judge Dredd: Crossing Ken Dodd by Jock and ABC Warriors by Kev Walker (from Prog 2000).
WANT!!!! :o

inkymonkey

Hey vark, just got myself a copy of that micro-comic.... pretty easy, just do a search for Gunlok on ebay, there should be a couple of boxed PC versions that come with the micro-comic included.

Here's one here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gunlok-PC-Computer-CD-Game-by-Virgin-Rebellion-2000-AD-COMPLETE-in-Big-Box-/200962572648?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2eca4d8168

vark

inkymonkey

No problems, happy to enable a fellow collector..!

COMMANDO FORCES

The extremely rare Prog 1159 (Hangmans Noose cover) is on eBay right now ;)

Just under 5 days left and a starting bid of £7.50

Skullmo

Quote from: Skullmo on 14 September, 2013, 05:43:59 PM
No sure if it is of interest to anyone but I have a couple of variant Prog 970 with no barcode. They were made for promotional purposes.

I'm off to a party but PM if you want one. I have no idea what they are worth, just make me an offer.

Postage will be around £2.50 in a board envelope. They are in pretty great shape with minimal wear.

Still have one of these left if anyone wants one! £8 :D

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 November, 2013, 07:28:15 PM

Why is 1159 so rare?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 November, 2013, 10:59:46 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 November, 2013, 07:28:15 PM

Why is 1159 so rare?
It's not the Prog itself, just that Mazeworld cover. Think it was given away with a magazine or something.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES