Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Elson's artwork is a definite plus but storywise?  It was okay.  It got the floppy treatment a year or so ago.  Interesting to know what it will be folded in with.

Richard

I don't think Marauder is good enough to be in a series of essential, must-have Dreddworld stories.

Jade Falcon

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

TordelBack

Expelled Cadet Judge Falcone turns vigilante, has a cyber-suit that makes him look/move rather a lot like Spiderman.  Falcone originally appeared years previously as a kid in a story where a thuggish judge kills his mother, which makes for a nice bit of backstory. Pretty good Morrison stuff if memory serves, and Elson does his usually fantastic job on the colourful art

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 November, 2017, 02:13:46 PM
Look't Campbell's name up there on the cover of that hardback, right between script:God John Smith and Crucible chum John Freeman.  That's got to melt some of the the black ice surrounding his gothic heart.

TBH, it's so long ago now, it feels like someone else entirely. It's slightly surreal.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

James Stacey

Quote from: Richard on 07 November, 2017, 06:50:02 PM
I don't think Marauder is good enough to be in a series of essential, must-have Dreddworld stories.
It is however much more worthy than some stuff that has already appeared in the series.

Bolt-01

Also it is a set of files that will be pretty much ready to use.

abelardsnazz

For the record, Krysler's Mark contains:
The Fink with colour spreads
Destiny's Angels with colour spreads
City of the Damned without colour spreads or the Steve Dillon poster that followed the prologue (boo)
In the Year 2120
Covers

Hudge_Jeeley

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 08 November, 2017, 06:21:47 PM
For the record, Krysler's Mark contains:
The Fink with colour spreads
Destiny's Angels with colour spreads
City of the Damned without colour spreads or the Steve Dillon poster that followed the prologue (boo)
In the Year 2120
Covers

Ah, nice. Waiting on Forbidden planet to send mine.

EDazzling

Huh. Weird that it didn't have the "Block War" Judge Child epilogue from prog 182, after the Judge Child volume didn't.

Tjm86

I can understand the omission from Judge Child with page count issues.  Not sure it would have fit the narrative with Kryslers Mark considering that the focus is on the rest of his story but 'Block War' was more about Dredd fitting back into MC1 and evaluating his judgement.  Suppose they could do a volume on that topic but considering the Dead Man stuff has already been reprinted it might not fill a full volume.

Hopefully my subscription copy will turn up soon to see what this looks like.

Richard

I don't think Block War would have fit in Krysler's Mark, but it's basically episode 27 of The Judge Child. It belongs there.

Jade Falcon

Kryslers Mark was enjoyable. The last story was a bit odd and was the only one I hadn't read before but a nice piece of nostalgia.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 09 November, 2017, 06:51:48 AM
Kryslers Mark was enjoyable. The last story was a bit odd and was the only one I hadn't read before but a nice piece of nostalgia.

Really enjoyed it. Classic stories, great art and a rogue's gallery of villains. What's not to like?

So what Angel Gang stories are left for issue 80?

Davgardo

Quote from: Richard on 07 November, 2017, 06:50:02 PM

Can't work out whether you're being sarcastic or not....