Main Menu

Looking for Pre-Street Judge Info...

Started by K2, 14 February, 2018, 02:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K2

Thanks Richard, TordelBack and Steve Green for adding more variables to the potential ramifications regarding sexual/emotional entanglements.  All of this information that you fellas have provided thus far is helping me out considerably.  What it is allowing me to do is "reverse engineer" (a term I've heard used that I hope is correct) the world as it is, or more came to be, and then from that be able to apply situations and scenarios that lend themselves to nudging viewpoints in that direction.

Though I'll have some dirty little secrets in my story that lend themselves to supporting everything that has been discussed (gang problem, government issues, attack on the White House, the system of generating new judges, etc.), I have ABSOLUTELY no intention of changing anything as it has been presented in the series.

That said, as the world is and will likely be by 2027, even the density along the Northeast Mega-region (Bos-Wash Megalopolis), I believe needs to change to support and promote the coming of the Street Judges.  That population density shift alone coupled with the problems that would come with it, along with what forced that density shift, I believe will help establish a more plausible scenario.

In the end however, for me it is simply the fun of working it all out and building the story.

Thanks again for all of your help!

K2

Richard

K2

So, during Joseph Dredd's visit to Fargoville and his subsequent viewing of the 'Chief Judge Fargo Archival film footage' he comments that "it is interesting all right."  Is that comment sincere or sarcastic?  If the latter, why, is it explained?

Thanks again for everyone's help!

K2

Big_Dave

Is that comment sincere or sarcastic?  If the latter, why

the official version of fargos
life has edited out ephram
his blacksheep twin brother

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Big_Dave on 20 February, 2018, 05:57:08 PM
the official version of fargos
life has edited out ephram
his blacksheep twin brother

Or the editors of Fargoville who venerate Eustace but see Ephram and his children as traitors.

K2

Thanks Big Dave and Joe Soap, that led me to a lot of information including his sister Arden Polders.

K2

K2

So on the Wiki page for "Mega-City One," the following passage is stated for "Before 2027 History:"

"By the late 2020s America's population is rapidly approaching one billion, and a conurbation now stretches from New York to Washington DC in an attempt to contain the populace of the East Coast states. This will eventually become the first Mega-City, a new kind of urban development to house greater numbers of people. The development causes huge amounts of civil unrest and gang-related crime."

What issue is that stated in, and is it elaborated upon?

Thanks for your help!

K2

Richard

I don't think it's stated anywhere; wiki people sometimes just make shit up. I'll take it out.

K2

Thanks Richard!  Fellas I'm going to save you the looking, I found my answer which I'll take these lessons and build a single chapter to connect up the dots... The lessons are from history, which according to them must be erased.

"You would be amazed at how malleable the mind becomes when a person is deprived of food, water and comfort.  The terror and suffering however, I inflict for pleasure."
Verbally stated, individual unknown, from: Disposable: Experiences of a Forced Slave.

"The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia."
George Orwell, 1984.

'If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.'
A misquote attributed to Joseph Goebbels, most likely a twisting of the "große Lüge" or
Big Lie propaganda technique outlined in Adolf Hitler's, Mein Kampf.

Thanks for all of your help everyone, everything is falling into place except, 40K words I fear may be closer to 80K.

Thanks again!

K2

K2

Just an update in that you all helped me out tremendously.  Currently the (now) short-novel which I expect to be around 80K words, as of Chapter-23 (including much of the backmatter) is has hit 53K-words.  The story itself has evolved to something I'm very pleased with keeping in theme with the existing 2000AD storyline.  More importantly, I believe it sets a very reasonable and realistic tone as to the "hows and whys" of Eustace Fargo and the Street-Judge system.  Neither being as blunt and simplistic as you might expect.

Additional information which explains in detail the world as it stands as of 2029, how it got to such a point, the government and culture, etc. is extensive, even including an explanation of the "grid" or mapping system which only applies to my story.

In any case, the current story's contents are as follows:

Lest ye be Judged

Preface (including acknowledgements which means you guys and this forum):
Introduction:

Table of Contents:
1. Harvest Time
2. Crush of Humanity
3. To be a Reaper
4. Into the Land of Madness
5. Horror Compounded
6. To Sleep, Perchance to Dream
7. Training Day
8. With Furious Wrath
9. Grappling with a Monster
10. The Mad Clown
11. Revelations
12. Ever Deeper
13. The Dancing Instructor
14. Way of the Future
15. Altered States
16. Let it Flow
17. Respect da Choka
18. Eeny Meeny Miny Ho
18. Parking Old School
19. Same Difference
20. Another Day
21. Onward to Eden
22. Oasis of Humanity
23. Hide and Seek
24. Tin Can Alley
25. Policy of Erasure
26. A Mother's Wrath
27. Tower Horizon
28. Finger of God
29. American Atlas

Clearing the Buffers ~ A Postscript

xx. Outro: Breathe by Télépopmusik

Epilogue:

Appendix:
xx. Vocabulary of the New Order Federal Government
xx. Equipment of Reaper-379, Rokka-Kae (Rahk'kuh-Kay)
xx. Pastoral Pidgin/Slang Vocabulary (122-count)

(Saved Deleted Chapters)
xx. The Woo-Bar
xx. Knockin' at the Woo-Bar

(Reference Documentation Not for Public Viewing)
xx. Archival Film Footage (transcript) of Chief Justice Eustace Fargo
xx. Chief Justice Fargo's Last Conversation with Judge Dredd
xx. Existing 2000AD Fargo/Dredd/Mega-City One/"Dredd-world" History

Thank you all so much once again!  I'm really enjoying this project and due to your help am very pleased with how it has evolved!

K2

Richard

JayzusB.Christ

Fargo had a sister, Arden Polders, if I remember rightly. Can't remember the name of the story where this is mentioned, but it seems to have been ignored or forgotten in Origins (which you really should read before embarking on your endeavour, K2).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steve Green

The Cal Files.

Collected in case files 24.

Basically Dredd finds some blackmail tapes/dirt on Fargo, suggesting that he had an affair. It is determined that she is Fargo's sister, Arden Polders.

Big_Dave

Dredd finds some blackmail tapes/dirt on Fargo, suggesting that he had an affair. It is determined that she is Fargo's sister

fargo had sex
with his sister!?

TordelBack

Quote from: Steve Green on 28 February, 2018, 02:58:09 PM
Basically Dredd finds some blackmail tapes/dirt on Fargo, suggesting that he had an affair.

I've always felt that the explosive issue in the story wasn't that Fargo may have had an affair - it was that [spoiler]Polders appeared to be Joe's and Rico's mother, and that Justice Dept had lied to them about being clones all their lives.[/spoiler] As we later discover that Goodman had told Dredd about Fargo's actual affair,  it makes more sense that this is what concerns Joe - and Edgar.