Main Menu

Morrowind

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 24 October, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

I think its a hardware problem with the computer... not the Mouse.
I found another two usb ports in a different part of the PC... when I slotted the mouse into that it behaved normally...

whereas wen I tried to access my usb memory sticks from the same three ports next to each other that I had been previously using for the mouse.... the PC didn't recognize them being plugged it...

Mind you the cheat code for the ebony arrows of slaying still don't work... so I don't think I have any chance of getting that rickling to the banqueting hall...

jackstarr

Ah, my fault once again - I've been so used to Oblivion/Skyrim console commands that I gave you the wrong command to type - I forgot the commas in the code  :-[

This is the correct command:

player->additem, "bm_ebonyarrow_s", 10

This one will work!

Glad you sorted the mouse issue.

The Doctor Alt 8

Panto mode folks

did this work?

This is the correct command:

player->additem, "bm_ebonyarrow_s", 10

This one will work!

OH NO IT DIDN'T!

jackstarr

(jackstarr looks behind himself, on cue).

Aaaaaaargggghhhh!

/pantomode.

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh great... I can't destroy the heart of Lorkhan... No matter how many bloody times I've hit it with the hammer Sunder...
And Dagoth Ur won't die either... Even after he did an Anakin Skywalker and fell into the lava flow..
I've killed all the other Dagoths and pinched their stuff....

jackstarr

Umm...you do have both Sunder and Keening, right?

You need to hit the heart once with Sunder, and five times with Keening...

And yes, you can't kill Dagoth Ur directly - he is a "god", after all.

Once you've destroyed the heart, ignore Dagoth Ur and get the hell out of there!

The Doctor Alt 8

Ah... Right. I've only been beating that heart up with sunder. Haven't hit it with keening.... Although I Have both.. And all the other artifacts to....

jackstarr

Yep, you would have learnt from various sources that both of Kagrenac's Tools are essential in destroying the heart in the Akulakhan. 

The lore behind all this is crazy - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Numidium.  This is just the surface explanation - if you ever dare to enter the Elder Scrolls Lore subforums at the official Elder Scrolls site, you'll find the metaphysics go deeper than anything I've ever read about.

The Doctor Alt 8

I hope it doesn't matter that Dagoth Ur is currently having a paddle in lava...

(I have NO idea how he fell down in there ... but it dose make my job a hell of a lot easier!)

My advice for the final confrontation?

Make up a high potency fortify intelligence potion to increase available Magicka

Make sure you have trained in Conjuration (my level is 94... it's actually my weakest skill... all other magic disciplines are at 100)

Buy/ acquire scrolls/ artifacts that you can use to summon Deadra...

(especially Golden Saints, winged twilights and Demora lords...)

Throw every single one you can summon at Dagoth Ur.

While he is busy fighting them. you can levitate your way to the heart....

jackstarr

So, did you manage to destroy the heart and defeat Dagoth Ur?

If so, what are your plans in the game next?   :D

The Doctor Alt 8

Yep.....heart destroyed... No idea what to do next as I have accidentally completed the main quest on Bloodmoon to. Have to wait until I can get a copy of Tribunal....

I don't surpose once I have done THAT  that I can transfer my existing character to Oblivion? I hate to say goodbye to my humble level 70 high elf mage....

jackstarr

Quoteaccidentally completed the main quest on Bloodmoon
:lol:
Only you could "accidentally" complete an expansion pack... :D

QuoteHave to wait until I can get a copy of Tribunal...
Plenty of 2nd hand copies on ebay and amazon, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

QuoteI don't surpose once I have done THAT  that I can transfer my existing character to Oblivion? I hate to say goodbye to my humble level 70 high elf mage....

Unfortunately not.  Each Elder Scrolls game starts from scratch, with completely different character possibilities (different stats, attributes, spell effects etc.) so there's no way to port your character.

Level 70 is a good level though to reach - and by the time you've finished tribunal you can either retire the character or start adding mods to extend the possibilities for both character advancement and quests.

Or you could even start a new game of Morrowind with a new character, roleplaying and choosing completely different skillsets and quests than you chose before - some questlines will have locked you out of others as a result of your actions, so it's not possible to see and do everything the game has to offer with one character.

Having said that, once you've finished Tribunal (which is more linear than the game you'll have experienced so far) I'd suggest starting afresh with Oblivion - a whole new game to explore.

The Doctor Alt 8

OK I now have another issue...
I have been dropping hints that I want Tribunal for my birthday...

Today I received not just Tribunal but a game disk with all three interlinked games... ( Morrowind,Tribunal Bloodmoon)

my question: can I install this disc and continue to play the game from my current status... And complete the Tribunal part or if I do this would I have to start the game from the very beginning again?

Thanks

jackstarr

Yay!  Does this mean birthday greetings are in order?

I assume you have the Game of the Year Edition.  Have you tried loading the disc?  I thought there were three separate installation files on there, so there's one for just Tribunal?

Dandontdare

QuoteToday I received not just Tribunal but a game disk with all three interlinked games... ( Morrowind,Tribunal Bloodmoon)

is this from the chap that you were soliciting dinner etiquette for? If so, I think you could serve him any old shit, he's hooked!