Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

That's pretty impressive; if mine turns out looking anything like that I shall be very happy!

Bagley

Quote from: JTPegg on 08 March, 2015, 10:44:37 PMI bought a 'Hasbro Hero' Falcon from Argos and, in my spare time have been kit bashing / scratch building it.

I'm a keen modelmaker and was told about the Hasbro toy just the other day by a fellow modelmaking friend of mine over on Facebook. Made with action figures in mind, previous Falcon toys have been over-sized, out of proportion, and lacking in detail but apparently the one you're doing up (really nicely, I might add) is pretty darn close to the proportions and detail of the actual studio miniatures.

As I understand it, unlike the DeAgostini weekly build the Hasbro toy lacks an interior and needs a few alterations and scratch-built replacements, but still, not bad for a £30 toy!

For Christmas last year, the red-clobbered, jolly old bearded one bought me the 1/72 scale Millennium Falcon by Fine Molds. A truly impressive kit, I'm still tempted to get myself a Hasbro toy though, with the intention of turning it into the Star Wars Episode VII version.

hippynumber1

Seat support, bunk and light fitting.

Hold floor, all 'dirtyfied'

The tiniest thing I think I have ever seen!

Technical Station 1

Technical Station 2

Hawkmumbler

Really likeing how this is comeing along.

hippynumber1

It's that time of the week again!

Cockpit bulkhead instrument panel test fit

Cockpit LED lights test

Final cockpit assembly and passageway test fit with lights

ZenArcade

Drokking flip, this is like building a real ship. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

My giddy aunt that is so beautifully shiney!

Jim_Campbell

Amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing — it's much appreciated!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

strangelysaucy

Loving this thread but it's a bittersweet experience..I SHOULD HAVE SUBSCRIBED!  :'( :D
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

ZenArcade

Imagine if they did the Blockade Runner. You could reinact that classic firefight between the crew and the Stormtrooper boarding party, the stuff of my childhood dreams....need a bigger room I'd hazzard. Z :D

Grugz

aye, but would they include the star wars poster and playboy pin up as in the original model?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ZenArcade

I, Cosh

Yeah, this is a cool thread. I almost feel that we should be paying you a subscription to watch the build take shape.
We never really die.

hippynumber1

I'm up for that!  :lol:

I honestly thought everyone had lost interest and then all these comments appeared! Thanks for all of your positive comments so far, they're adding an extra layer of enjoyment to the build...