Main Menu

Button Man coming to Netflix.

Started by Bolt-01, 16 March, 2019, 01:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

Well that clears that up then  :)

Thanks guys, oh and I'm really looking forward to this, Button Man is my third favourite all time 2000AD strip, right after Nikolai Dante and Judge Dredd.

Tarantino

IAMTHESYSTEM

Well, Matt Reeves is a very talented man those Planets of the Apes films are excellent. He's Filming the next Batman movie, and we all know which 2000AD character Batman met, so you never know. But seriously its looking very good for Button Man. Let's hope other Producers, writers and Directors see something worth pursuing in the 2000AD Universe. Hey, 2000ADMU sounds fine to me. ;)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Rately

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 28 March, 2019, 09:51:41 AM
Well, Matt Reeves is a very talented man those Planets of the Apes films are excellent. He's Filming the next Batman movie, and we all know which 2000AD character Batman met, so you never know. But seriously its looking very good for Button Man. Let's hope other Producers, writers and Directors see something worth pursuing in the 2000AD Universe. Hey, 2000ADMU sounds fine to me. ;)

Happy to know that Reeves is involved in some capacity. The rebooted POTAs movies were excellent.

I'd love to see Nicolaj Coster-Waldau cast as Harry! Excellent in Shot Caller, and pretty much anything I've seen him in.

Bolt-01

Ooh- now that's a good call. I've seen him in a few other roles and he'd make a good Harry.

JayzusB.Christ

Great idea.   I've only seen him in GoT but as a somewhat posh, blond, handsome psychopath, he doesn't have far to jump from Jaime to Harry.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

GordyM

A younger Michael Caine would've been great.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Pete Wells

I chatted briefly to John Wagner about Buttonman at Lawless.

"Congratulations on the Buttonman Netflix show!" I said in my ridiculous Sunderland accent.
"Thanks Pete!" He relied!
"Ah think Harry should be played by Sean Bean, like!" was my Mackem retort.
"Fuck off!" He roared "Too fucking Northern!"

Cheeky git  :D

Funt Solo

Sean Bean should play one of the other Buttons, thus adding to his mighty collection of death scenes.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Bolt-01

sheridan

Quote from: Pete Wells on 24 July, 2019, 12:33:26 AM
I chatted briefly to John Wagner about Buttonman at Lawless.

"Congratulations on the Buttonman Netflix show!" I said in my ridiculous Sunderland accent.
"Thanks Pete!" He relied!
"Ah think Harry should be played by Sean Bean, like!" was my Mackem retort.
"Fuck off!" He roared "Too fucking Northern!"

Cheeky git  :D

:D

Quote from: Funt Solo on 24 July, 2019, 01:26:44 AMSean Bean should play one of the other Buttons, thus adding to his mighty collection of death scenes.

Yeah - He couldn't be Harry, for that reason :-)

AlexF

Get Seans Bean and Pertwee both as rival buttons, and we could have some seriously gruesome deaths to enjoy. Not that I'm advocating Paul W S Anderson for director. Neil Marshall, on the other hand...

Rately

Neil Marshall would be an excellent choice for Director.

Failing that, we could give Alex Garland the job.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I was looking through a list of British Actors, and since Harry strikes me as an older man, Iain Glen of GoT Fame's face leered out at me. I doubt a stone-cold killer would interest him, but you never know.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rately

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 July, 2019, 04:17:29 PM

Yeah, I can get behind that.

I second that.

And if Matt Reeves is still involved, I wouldn't mind seeing Iain Glen playing Alfred in his Batman movie.