Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 09 October, 2011, 07:25:47 PM
It could all be part of some elaborate conspiracy by the Film makers to get everyone gossiping about the Film but I doubt it. They've had a severe difference of opinion. What can we do to influence that -zilch. Whoever is going to get the Final edit of the Film has it tough enough already.

I assume we'll know if it's a very serious falling out when some Law suit is filed in Court.  I hope relationships didn't get that bad between all the creators involved.

The Law, ironically might eventually decide whats going to happen in the end.

This is NOT what anyone wants as publicity for their movie...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Angry Vince

So last week my home IP# gets banned for some reason and then THIS happens.

Coincidence?

Or Sc*j*?
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

GordonR

QuoteHas anyone thought the because DREDD is going to be so fucking arsom that Garland want co producer in the credits.

Lots of films look like they're going to be fucking arsom. Somehow, though, on none of them do you see writers and others trying to attach their names to them as co-director.

Seriously, there's no way - despite some utter bollocks-spouting attempts here - that you can spin this into looking like anything other than a Very bad Thing for the film's prospects.

vzzbux

Still you have to find a silver lining somewhere otherwise you may as well write it off now.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Goaty

Anyone knows what Sc*j*'s comments on it?

GordonR

Quote from: Goaty on 10 October, 2011, 09:29:50 AM
Anyone knows what Sc*j*'s comments on it?

He's crowing about it on the scojo-destroyed wasteland that is alt.comics.2000ad. Naturally, it's all the fault of the script, and the producers should have used a proper Dredd script (i.e. his) instead.

I'm also fairly sure he's 'bleedcool' on the comments section of the Bleeding Cool story on this.

SmallBlueThing

Over on gallifreybase, after spamming the movie threads for months with his photoshop abominations, he's now taking a somewhat gleeful approach to this turn of events.

Sadly, such is his impact, that talk of the mooted Rogue Trooper movie immediately turned into a discussion about how soon the thread would get clogged with bad photshoppery and discussions about helmets.

He haunts the prog thread, in his usual manner and is 'the face of fandom' it seems to the site's tens of thousands of users.

Equally sadly, over there putting endless photoshops up is fine, slagging him off is not. Many times people have been modded for having a go, while he continues ever onward.

SBT

Zarjazzer

Chin up! Only eleven months until we find out for sure. ;)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Meathook

Mein Gott! It's Alan Smithee all over again.................Drokk!
Each peach pear plum!

Spaceghost

God, I'm really depressed about this.

After staying resolutely optimistic about this film throughout all the naysaying about the helmet, shoulder pads, Lawnmaster shots, Justice Department vans and everything else, I've finally admitted to myself; It's going to be shit isn't it?

Again.

For fuck's sake, can't we Dredd fans catch a break?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Zarjazzer

Cool piccy Goaty

Oh! These negative waves!

Think of how beautiful and great and arsom the film might be. It's not a fatal blow like they've run out of dosh or the distributors have gone belly up.

None of us know yet unless someone has gone to the future and seen it.

It may indeed be three Tigers versus one Sherman but the Shermans ultimately won.

This positivity is brought to you by the cosmic overmind maahnnn*

*Cosmic overmind does not guarantee no movie suck.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: GordonR on 10 October, 2011, 09:26:02 AM
QuoteHas anyone thought the because DREDD is going to be so fucking arsom that Garland want co producer in the credits.

Lots of films look like they're going to be fucking arsom. Somehow, though, on none of them do you see writers and others trying to attach their names to them as co-director.

Seriously, there's no way - despite some utter bollocks-spouting attempts here - that you can spin this into looking like anything other than a Very bad Thing for the film's prospects.

Gone With the Wind,
Blade Runner,
Brazil,
Apocalypse Now,
American History X

All had problems during production/ post production,  but  turned out to be great films. The list goes on and on, its sometimes just part of the process.

I'm not going to make  up my mind until I see some solid evidence i.e a trailer...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 10 October, 2011, 11:40:43 AM

I'm not going to make  up my mind until I see some solid evidence i.e a trailer...

Hey! We'll have less if that logical, reasoned and common sense approach around here, thank you very much!

Spaceghost

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 October, 2011, 12:08:09 PM
Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 10 October, 2011, 11:40:43 AM

Hey! We'll have less if that logical, reasoned and common sense approach around here, thank you very much!

We're all doomed I tell you! DOOOOOOOOMED!!!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...