Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

The very first episode of Armando Ianucci show is without doubt one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I didn't... er... have the same opinion of the others.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Oh and onto BLACK SAILS Season 2... three episodes in and it's an ultra violent, hyper sexualized game of poker and but you don't know which Pirate has the winning hand or even whether aces are high or low. I'm Loving it.

Jim_Campbell

Black Sails S2 is some of my all-time favourite TV. Double-crossing and bastardry all round, but it keeps the focus tighter on Toby Stephens' steely Captain Flint than S1 and is much improved for it.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 October, 2020, 09:54:48 PM
Black Sails S2 is some of my all-time favourite TV. Double-crossing and bastardry all round, but it keeps the focus tighter on Toby Stephens' steely Captain Flint than S1 and is much improved for it.

Yep Season 2 has one of my all time fav episodes. There's a reveal that just helps lots of things drop into place and really sets up the rest of the series in many ways. Its great stuff.

Tiplodocus

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 October, 2020, 10:11:10 PM

Yep Season 2 has one of my all time fav episodes. There's a reveal that just helps lots of things drop into place and really sets up the rest of the series in many ways. Its great stuff.

Well I never saw THAT coming. Fantastic twist. Unexpected but utterly logical!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 15 October, 2020, 11:45:40 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 October, 2020, 10:11:10 PM

Well I never saw THAT coming. Fantastic twist. Unexpected but utterly logical!

That's the one (I assume)

Colin YNWA

Anyway I've just finished the first season of The Expanse and it was pretty good. Pretty good indeed. It does have occasion to be a little 'challenge of the week' particularly were the (ex)crew of the Cant are concerned. But it hangs together, has a really sense of building to something and I'm very excited to see if it does that common trick of getting markedly better in Season 2. In which case this is going to be a blast.

TordelBack

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 October, 2020, 12:18:59 PM
Motoring through Hap & Leonard on Amazon at the mo.

Oh dear. The last season has one of the poorest resolutions of anything I've ever watched. Made no internal sense, and looked awful.  Shameful way to end three enjoyable seasons of telly. Avoid.

The Legendary Shark

Zipping through Clone Wars myself, thanks to this thread. This is only my second time and the first watching them all in a block. Just started S5 and I'm enjoying it enormously - it's great fun and I love the switches of focus from episode to episode.

I imagine Old Ben, sitting in his hovel on Tattooine thinking about all this past adventure, and I wonder if there are any stories about Old Ben in the canon? Any True Fans help me? Did he just sit there, watching Luke like some creepy old uncle, or did the peacekeeper in him ever take over? Tattoine's a planet, it probably has other spaceports, other towns, nests and hives, maybe even a city or two. Did something so bad ever happen that Obi Wan just had to do something - maybe in disguise like some dusty Jedi Batman? Did he ever fall in love? Maybe even have children? Would love to see Mandalorianesque series about that, with Ewan reprising the role...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Greg M.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 October, 2020, 07:39:39 PM
Would love to see Mandalorianesque series about that, with Ewan reprising the role...
Well, he's going to be Middle-Aged Ben, and who knows if they'll manage to fit all you'd like to see into what will apparently be 6 hour-long episodes, but filming starts next year...

The Legendary Shark

Sh*t - I'd better start writing it, then...

Er, Ben (Ewan) and a loyal butler (old clone, Clancy Brown) live in a hovel. Ben's gone all creepy uncle, the Skywalkers ended up having to tell him to stop hanging around and to piss off, so Ben got a bit bent. The training Yoda gave him didn't go well, either, and Ben accidentally bound the spirit of a dead Jedi to the material plane. So he never tried again. Then, something happens...

A long time ago,
In a galaxy far, far away,
On a planet that's dry,
And out of the way...

Where was my coat, again...?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

pictsy

After watching Lower Decks and enjoying it I decided to revisit Discovery.

On a second viewing of the first season I like it a whole lot more.  It is a really strong opening season of Star Trek so far.  I'll reserve a little judgement for when I'm finished as I remember the climax of the season being very weak, but so far it's not the mixed bag I remember.  I'm really happy about this as I'm always pleased to get more Star Trek I like.

Tiplodocus

Season 2 of Black Sails finishes in fine fashion. Pyrotechnics and pirates on the gallows. You can't go wrong. I can't believe I'm typing this but I'm glad they toned down the shagging and nudity in the second half of the season. It was distracting.

Watch this show.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 27 October, 2020, 10:35:13 PM
Season 2 of Black Sails finishes in fine fashion. Pyrotechnics and pirates on the gallows. You can't go wrong. I can't believe I'm typing this but I'm glad they toned down the shagging and nudity in the second half of the season. It was distracting.

Watch this show.

Yes do that its very good indeed.