Main Menu

Final Crisis

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 February, 2009, 04:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So its over all for all the moaning about delays its only a month late. Personnally I thought it was brillant. Final Crisis was Twin Peaks to Secret Invasions' Heroes.

Secret Invasion was shallow, deriverative. Sure there were some cool moments, even bits great charactersation but ultimately when you remove the gloss and the successful production values it was nothing new, in fact it just rehashed and stretched out old ideas to breaking point and gave nothing new except the next big Marvel event. Ironically all it left you with was [spoiler]To be continued[/spoiler]. By the end I just wanted the whole thing over.

Final Crisis was challenging, difficult and while its ambition sometimes let it down it succeeded a lot more than it failed. The cool moments meant the need to return to fully understand, or at least get to your own understanding, was a joy and each time you looked at it to work out more you found things you didn't even know you'd been looking for. At time frustrating but over all brillant and worth while (though I do think DC should have made it clear that Superman Beyond was pretty intergal to an understanding as to what was going on).

It'll be a shame when people complaining about needing to put some effort into reading something win the day in the comics industry!

Roger Godpleton

Yes, but did it promote American values?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

satchmo

A careful re-read of Final Crisis and Morrison's run on Batman have made me appreciate them both a lot more, and regret my earlier misgivings, it has been a fantastic story. Issue 7 is on it's way I can't wait to read the end.
I really hope the rumoured Morrison/Quitely Batman comic follows soon.
Secret Invasion was a bit lame all told, but the start of Dark Reign has been ludicrous fun.

Richmond Clements

QuoteI really hope the rumoured Morrison/Quitely Batman comic follows soon.

You can ask Mr Quietly yourself at HiEx!

(Can't... stop... plugging..!)

satchmo

Proudhuff

Has the default/reboot button been pressed yet?
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "satchmo"I don't know whatcha heard about Rac... :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nsxKFqjFw

I can't open that link at work!

satchmo

The basic gist is that you, Sir, are a motherf*cking P.I.M.P. :)

Richmond Clements

Mmmmm... a good point well made, sir!