Main Menu

Mick McMahon Joins the Thrill-party!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 17 February, 2012, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Matt

Borag Thungg, Earthlets!

Chris Weston's zarjaz cover for Prog 1771 - 2000 AD's bumper birthday prog - has already been released, but this issue comes with two variant covers. So just who has supplied the second cover?

None other than artist extraordinaire Mick McMahon, who has drawn his first cover for the weekly prog since 1983!

Prog 1771 goes on sale 22 February 2012 - 48 pages of scrotnig goodness for a mere £2.60 Earth money.

Splundig Vur Thrigg!

strontium71

Scrotnig!
Has it really been that long as well..?
...because I hate you.

radiator

Love it! Don't think I'm alone in saying that McMahon is one of my all time top artists. Can't decide which one I'd prefer, this one or the Weston.

SIP

Fantastic - my joint all time favourite 2000AD artist (along with Carlos). Wish he could make a more lasting return to the prog.

Colin YNWA

Well heavens to Betsy looks like I'm getting both... I appreciate that makes me a sucker but I now k now whichever cover I get I'll be thinking the other one is better. £2.60 extra to the thrill coffers I guess.

Spikes

Sweet, though i think i prefer Weston's cover, its always good to see more from Mick.  ....and blimey, that is a looong time since Micks last cover, isnt it.

Spikes

Well, as somebody who doesnt buy the Prog anymore - and hasnt since the mid-80's, i actually managed to find a copy with the McMahon varient cover in my local W.H Smiths (despite me posting in the another thread, that my local Smiths hasnt stocked the prog for years, which it hasnt...).
Now, do i keep it all sealed up, and wait for the trades (which i do buy), or do i open?

Quote from: Judge Jack on 17 February, 2012, 09:23:46 PM
Sweet, though i think i prefer Weston's cover

Ive also come to my senses, to quote the Prometheus trailer - "I was wrong, ..so wrong. im so sorry"