Main Menu

100 months - Brighton Waterstones with Pat Mills

Started by Alexlouise, 08 November, 2010, 12:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexlouise

'To me, Johnny Hicklenton is the Jimi Hendrix of British comics.'- Pat Mills

A CELEBRATION OF THE LIFE AND WORK OF JOHN HICKLENTON 1967-2010
on the publication of his final graphic novel 100 MONTHS with PAT MILLS, CLINT LANGLEY and ADAM LAVIS

Thursday 18 November     7.15 pm   Waterstone's, BRIGHTON

'I was lucky enough to have Johnny Hicklenton draw my first published story, and I knew from the start that his was a unique and powerful vision.  100 MONTHS is a heartbreaking final vision: one man going head to head with death, and with Death, and with life.  I felt lucky to be allowed to read it and fortunate that Johnny made it for us before he left.  It lingers and it haunts, and, ultimately, affirms.'  -  NEIL GAIMAN

For fans of 2000AD and Judge Dredd, Brighton-based cartoonist Johnny Hicklenton needs no introduction.  He was one of Britain's greatest comic book artists, famous for the brutal, visceral draughtsmanship he brought to his craft.  Published on 18 November, 100 MONTHS is Johnny's final graphic novel, a fantastically dark, apocalyptic fable, warning that we only have only 100 months left to save the planet.  Johnny took his own life with the assistance of Dignitas in Switzerland on 19 March 2010 following a heroic ten-year struggle with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. This event celebrates his life and his uniquely dark and powerful vision, with fellow cartoonists Pat Mills and Clint Langley and Adam Lavis of Animal Monday, director of the film 'Here's Johnny' winner of two Grierson awards for best documentary.

Waterstone's, 71-74 North Street, BRIGHTON.   TICKETS £2    Enquiries tel 0843 290 8181.
100 MONTHS is published by Cutting Edge, hardback £19.99
Press enquiries to: Margot Weale        margot.weale@ntlworld.com

SmallBlueThing

I think i may well be up for this. The saddest thing, though, is that i read part of the above post and immediately thought it'd be good to get john hicklenton to sign it. I'd temporarily forgotten the circumstances around this publication. This makes me very sad indeed. He was a wild talent.
SBT

Peter Wolf

No reason at all not why i wont be going to this.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Alexlouise

Hello all,

Also for anyone that thought it looked amazing BUT Brighton was a bit far,  how about a Londonn launch night!

Also featuring Pat Mills, Clint Langley & Adam Lavis 

Wednesday 17th November 7 pm!
London Print Studio, 425 Harrow Road, W10 4RE

Nearest tube: Westbourne Park.  FREE entry.  Tickets available in advance, tel
0208 969 3247

For any of you on facebook there is details on the Animal Monday group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=338751856531

Bye for now!

uncle fester

Dagnabbit, I'm away so will miss this.

All the best for the launch though. I've added the book to my list of Christmas-presents-that-if-nobody-buys-me-I'll-by-myself......

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Large48

Bit arse of Waterstones to charge £2 for entry, guess if I do go I'll be taking my own copy with me......
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

hippynumber1

Hello all,

Also for anyone that thought it looked amazing BUT Brighton was a bit far,  how about a Londonn launch night!

Also featuring Pat Mills, Clint Langley & Adam Lavis 

Wednesday 17th November 7 pm!
London Print Studio, 425 Harrow Road, W10 4RE

Nearest tube: Westbourne Park.  FREE entry.  Tickets available in advance, tel
0208 969 3247

Because, of course, we all live close to London!  :P