Main Menu

MEG 282 - WORLD AT WAR!

Started by Dandontdare, 28 February, 2009, 12:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "TordelBack"I know this sounds disloyal to Anthony Williams, an artist I like a great deal, but since I've seen Insurrection I can't help imagining McNeill drawing the recent VCs sequels.

Yeah, he is rather good at drawing them...

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteThat is -- however -- a very minor niggle.

That's racist.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Goaty

As Meg reader, sadly i did sold megs last year as there was story in it i didnt like to re-read again, guess what that was!

but this year, I got hooked into it, as there a best story, Insurrection. brilliant artwork! not know how it will ended, but after see that Apes does fight in flashback, but now see the Robots does really well! what next? :)

Hoagy

Insurrection is rollicking along like a war classic. Lovely swathes of battle smoothly interspaced with each sides control room dramas, relentlessly amping up the moral issues of this conflict.

I for one am glad to finally see what a Dreddverse looks like in Magma or just plain well made cartoon form. The Judge has white/grey hair so I'm not concerned about age, I agree with the lazy charactization of the ninjas but on the whole I think its a welcome breath of fresh air and would not mind seeing the style in the Meg again. I think if it was to go into the weekly it would overbear in its immaturity. Well this story would. I love it for its energy and zeal and courage. The pace of it fits with its style and the judge is wizened in the writing. I like it and consider it a valuable addition to the Meg.

Tank Girl strumpets along with as many twists as the race track its set upon. The art gets better n better. Nice change to red as Martin may be turning a serious corner of the absurd.

Dredd was amazing to behold. All that talent working on what looked more like a fun exercise than a concerted bit of continuity. I for one won't be looking out for the aiders and abetters of this loathsome act getting their just desserts in future months.What I did enjoy was the fact that little things pile up to make extraordinary amounts of stress. Nice utilization.

Read the Frank Q interview and agree that more analysis into why he went for the stories may have been more interesting. Only because I'd like to learn more about We3.

Looking forward to 4colour and Final Flight. I already disagree with movie review as I've bought My Name is Bruce and like the utter tosh that it is.

Readers letters being the final pleasure.

Seemple.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Tiplodocus

DREDD was just waaayyy to slight for the length of the tale.  Did anybody not figure out that it was a really minor crime for which he was being pusued after about two pages?  But the art was great.

KROMBASHER has hot it on the head when he used, somewhere in his usual meanderings, the word IMMATURITY to describe CITI_DEF. Tht's way I don't like it.

TANK GIRL amused me in several places (Texas Hold 'Em) but I feel the gags to page ratio isn't quite right. It's been good, but I din't think the gags have come quickly enough.

INSURRECTION continues to amaze me.  I like the fact that there's nobody coming to the rescue (at least not that we know of) and it's up to Luther and the colony alone. And the artwork is magnificent - even makes the big bulky armour look workable.

Text pieces - OK to pass the time but Marshall Law excepting the comic ones didn't delve into the places I wanted.  More on WE3 and All Star Superman would have been great and I wasn't sure the 86ers needed a piece really.  

+++Whore Alert+++   +++Whore Alert+++  +++Whore Alert +++
But Art has a nice idea in the Nort Sven Hassel type story. It's one I feel would have some legs - I did a short piece for Zarjaz (even called the Nort Sergeant Hassell) and was lucky enough to get Nick Dyer doing the pictures.

+++Whore Alert+++   +++Whore Alert+++  +++Whore Alert +++

And again, someone else was spot on when they said that the DEADWOOD piece didn't actually leave me wanting to watch DEADWOOD. Surely some mistake?

Oh and I thought the cover was absolutely fantastic.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Paul faplad Finch

Just typed a huge review of this issue then ost it when my connection died. Can't be chuffed to retype now

Only particularly fussed about one thing.  A four page puff peice just as we are finally getting a break in the Prog. Nice one.  You know who I mean.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "Tiplodocus"But Art has a nice idea in the Nort Sven Hassel type story. It's one I feel would have some legs - I did a short piece for Zarjaz (even called the Nort Sergeant Hassell) and was lucky enough to get Nick Dyer doing the pictures.

Funnily enough, it was that story that I immediately thought about when I read that comment. What a great little tale on all counts that was.
@jamesfeistdraws