Main Menu

Meg 283 Tank Girl

Started by Proudhuff, 28 March, 2009, 09:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

Quote from: "dandontdare"Whilst I love Rufus' drawings on Tank Girl (he has really captured the mad style of the original, with his own twist) but am I the only one who has a problem with this almost-monochrome colour scheme? This month's vivid mustard with extra coloured dots was particularly vile. I understand it is to be recoloured for the collected version and feel rather short-changed that we've been fobbed off with the 'unfinished' version.

Short changed?   :?

+rufus+

Oh..and one last thing..I've been doing 9 page episodes.. we get paid for 8 pages.. so again.. You're being short changed right...? and a free pin Up at Christmas...   :lol:  :?

Have a Happy Easter...

As they say in the VCs...Suck it in,huh?

Dark Jimbo

If I was a creator, the last place I'd frequent would be here. You'd need the hide of an elephant!

I don't care for Tank Girl at all but that's not due to the art - it just seems a little pointless and not quite as funny as it seems to think it is. I don't mind it in the Meg as long as someone's enjoying it, but a shorter run next time might be nice.
@jamesfeistdraws

Toni Scandella

Well, i have to admit Tank Girl is my most favourite thing in the Megazine lately and the artwork is a big part of why that is so.  I was always a fan, but Rufus's art has elevated this beyond what I had any right to expect.

So there.

Am I the only person that... wasn't all that overkeen on The Americans?  It sort of... slightly jarred for some reason and  can't for the life of me think why - love Nick Dyer's art, though.

And... Insurrection is merely good.  I feel like a party pooper saying that but... it's not the best thing ever.

Dandontdare

oops sorry rufus, my point wasn't anything to do with how you get paid, and so 'short changed' was probably the wrong phrase. I was only wondering about the creative decision as to what sort of colouring a strip gets. If (and I've no idea if this is the case) this type of colouring was adopted purely for reasons of time, as it was the only way to get it out by some deadline, and it's going to be fully coloured by yourself or someone else later, I'd rather have waited. I am ignorant of the creative/colaborative process involved, so I've no idea if any of this is even your decision!

I do like the art though, honest! Feel the love :)

TordelBack

If Rufus has any sense he's put his boot through his monitor long before now, and if he doesn't show up to explain, the situation as I (poorly) understand it is that Skid Marks in the Meg was commissioned as B&W, and any colouring work we get is free topping courtesy of the man himself.  It's also pretty groovy.

Cactus

Am I the only person who thinks the Johnny Alpha/mutie connection from The American will resurface in 2000ad, following Backlash?
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

dweezil2

Quote from: "+rufus+"
Quote from: "dandontdare"Whilst I love Rufus' drawings on Tank Girl (he has really captured the mad style of the original, with his own twist) but am I the only one who has a problem with this almost-monochrome colour scheme? This month's vivid mustard with extra coloured dots was particularly vile. I understand it is to be recoloured for the collected version and feel rather short-changed that we've been fobbed off with the 'unfinished' version.

Short changed?   :?

Hope your not put off by visiting the forum Rufus. For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of your work and I'm just happy to be reading a non-licensed tie-in British comic at all, when so many are folding.
It just seems that the whinging minority are the most vocal at times.
Happy trails.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JayzusB.Christ

True. it's good to have rufus around, and for my money he's the best new artist 2000ad and the Meg have had for a long time.  Like i said before, don't let them grind you down, rufus, for every person who doesn't like your work there's a lot more who do.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

stacey

I love Tankie, I love the art and the colour scheme, and with the flashes of yellow in the past epps to have the flashbacks yellow worked really well as far as I'm concerned, I also loved the old school dotty stuff.  I think it's top notch, I shall be one of the many people queuing for Ruf sketches at the next couple of cons.

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: "dweezil2"
Quote*****ALL WILL OBEY THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS COMIC DISSENT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED LAY BACK AND THINK OF ENGLAND*****
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

dweezil2

My God! The forum can read my mind! How can it do THAT?  :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Sefton Disney

I've got a feeling the Johnny Alpha/Brit-Cit/nuclear war business from The Americans is going to become a very major aspect of Dredd's world at some point. Even more so because I think Backlash is only the beginning of something huge. As I've said elsewhere, I think Dredd's world is going to be a very diferent place by this time next year.

I thought The Americans was briliant by the way. Like most everybody else, I think Al Ewing writes Dredd exceptionally well. He seems to have a real grasp of the world and of the changes of tone that make Dredd so great. I really like Nick Dyer's art, too. Like Henry Flint, it manages to be pleasingly "old school" without being a carbon copy of his influences. More soon, please!

highjon

AAAgh!! When will Tank Girl end?
Beginning to regret renewing my subscription.
John