Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption

Started by amberkraken, 18 May, 2010, 08:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Banner

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 02 August, 2010, 06:46:04 PM
Quotethe flower collectings a bit boring though innit?

I take a perverse pleasure in it- he's meant to be some rock hard killer man, and he has to pick flowers to learn to survive in the wilderness (or something) and to [spoiler]help out some old codger.[/spoiler]

Alledgedly, it's supposed to be quite amusing if you bump into his wife after giving him the flowers.

Withnail's liver

Bought the game over the weekend.  Loving it so far (but then I usually do love most of Rockstar Games' output).  The only thing that is a bit of a shame is the multiplayer Free Roam mode.  Everytime I join a free roam session it just seems to be full of people who seem to want to ride around shooting each other (mostly me)and not posse-ing up and exploring as I was expecting, so not really tried that aspect(interested in trying the co-op missions). 

I Have joined some of the quick games such as Gang Shootout and Gold Rush which are great fun! (mainly as I was expecting people to keep shooting me all the time...)
I have a heart condition.  If you hit me it's murder!

mogzilla

which id why i'mnot online much wots your gamertag and if i'mon i'll posse up!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Rex Banner on 02 August, 2010, 06:50:30 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 02 August, 2010, 06:46:04 PM
Quotethe flower collectings a bit boring though innit?

I take a perverse pleasure in it- he's meant to be some rock hard killer man, and he has to pick flowers to learn to survive in the wilderness (or something) and to [spoiler]help out some old codger.[/spoiler]

Alledgedly, it's supposed to be quite amusing if you bump into his wife after giving him the flowers.

And I can confirm that this is so.

Orlok

QuoteAlledgedly, it's supposed to be quite amusing if you bump into his wife after giving him the flowers.

I must admit to going a bit gun crazy at this point.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Orlok on 04 August, 2010, 10:17:55 AM
QuoteAlledgedly, it's supposed to be quite amusing if you bump into his wife after giving him the flowers.

I must admit to going a bit gun crazy at this point.

Ha! I've been very good and law abiding so far! I haven't killed anyone out of hand (well, I shot a deputy by accident once and hit killed a woman by riding over her on my horse- but it was an accident!).
I may try being bad if I give this another run through.

Orlok

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a bad guy in it. Apart from the incident with the nun and that flowers mission I've pretty much abided by the rules. Ok, so this has involved killing about a 1000 people who shot at me first, killing wild animals-even bunnies- who didn't do anything and traintracking a woman in her underclothes who tried to steal Bad Horse II, but it's the old west and bad stuff happens.

Some people just ask for it though.

TordelBack

We all got it coming, kid.

Goaty

after 6 weeks on it, finished the mission of saved the son from the Bear, but nothing happens of next mission at farm as I guess it last ever mission, what shall I do???

James Stacey

mogzilla

Quote from: Goaty on 05 August, 2010, 12:20:14 PM
after 6 weeks on it, finished the mission of saved the son from the Bear, but nothing happens of next mission at farm as I guess it last ever mission, what shall I do???

keep going!you'll know when its the end [spoiler]or not!!!!  ;)[/spoiler]

Goaty

I means, nothing happens, no missions icons etc after finished save the boy from bear mission!

Withnail's liver

Quote from: mogzilla on 03 August, 2010, 09:42:36 PM
which id why i'mnot online much wots your gamertag and if i'mon i'll posse up!

Sure thing my gamertag is " x B0NEYARD x " (the "o" is a zero)
I have a heart condition.  If you hit me it's murder!

mogzilla

Quote from: Goaty on 05 August, 2010, 02:53:23 PM

I means, nothing happens, no missions icons etc after finished save the boy from bear mission!

wander round the farm, make sure youve visited the missus ,jack and "uncle" until no yellow crosses appear near them , when youve completed all their farm chores .......well, you'll just have to find out.  took me a while to figure this bit out .

Richmond Clements

Did the shooting birds from the train thing last night.

Some advice required- I'm not 100% on using the dead eye thing, in fact, I've lost my last two quick draws! Any advice on the best way to use it?

Also the chariot cart racing was great fun!