Main Menu

The Dredd text tale in the Meg

Started by Trout, 06 June, 2003, 06:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

At the risk of seeming dim, I have to ask for help on this month's prose tale.

As far as the ending goes: duh?

I don't get it at all. Who is Judge X? What's Rat Town?
Generally, what happened at the end?

Also, I thought Garcia was female. Why is he/she suddenly male?

I'm hoping I just needed to have read some other story to get it, but I'm suspecting my simply missing the point.

I'm afraid I'll need a detailed explanation, if someone's willing to give it.

- Trout

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Mk13

>Also, I thought Garcia was female. Why is he/she suddenly male?

Mebbe becuse there's more than one person called Garcia in MC1?  ;)

Trout

What, more than one SJS judge dealing directly with Buell?

I'm not bothered if it was a mistake. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't mis-remembering.

- Trout

DavidXBrunt

It was a mistake.

Rat Town seems to be an area of the Meg where Rookie Wallies are trained.

Judge X seems to be a 'title' that applies to a Judge in a certain position (think 'M' in the Bond moives). He's the contact between Wallies and the Dept. This one turned out to be a Jimp, who gad contact with the three perps. It may be an urban myth that the Jimp was playing off for cover.

The Wally was the bank teller.

Lobo Baggins

++At the risk of seeming dim, I have to ask for help on this month's prose tale. As far as the ending goes: duh?++

I assumed it was a double bluff...Judge X was a real judge and the heisters were in the Wally Squad, despite what Garcia says.

++I don't get it at all. Who is Judge X? What's Rat Town?++

Rat Town District, Sector 76, is the headquarters of the Wally Squad in the Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game. It houses the second largest Justice Department training facility to be found in Mega-City One (as a typical judge will require extensive training to look and act like a citizen. He's just spent fifteen years learning how to look and act like a judge, after all...) Clearly, Jonathan Clements is using 'The Rookie's Guide to the Justice Department' and 'The Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game' as referance material, not realising that they've only been read by about fifteen people.

++Generally, what happened at the end?++

Uh, 'Apocalypse Soon' starts. Do pay attention, your highness...

++Also, I thought Garcia was female. Why is he/she suddenly male?++

Probably the source material again - the SJS entry in the RPG states that the Deputy Chief of the SJS is called Garcia, but doesn't say what sex she is...  

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Trout

Thanks, folks!

Think I'll re-read it in the hope of understanding it better.

- Trout

Spaceghost

Don't re-read it! You've already wasted about 15 minutes of your precious life reading it once. It's absolutely crap. Not as crap as the one from last month written by David Bishop though. I liked TPO, but his fiction stuff reads like it's been written by a child for a school project."The man said to the other man,'You are a bad man.' Then he shot him and all loads of brains and blood came out everywhere." (copyright D Bishop)
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...