Main Menu

Meg 212

Started by ukdane, 20 October, 2003, 02:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

I have a terrible confession to make - I don't like Xtinct - I don't understand it and I don't like the way it looks ? Seems I'm (a) a moron & (b)in a pretty small minority.

Dredd was great fun - more Koburn please.

Death - despite the lurch into more overt comedy, I'm still enjoying this.

Devlin - I think this is better judged later as a TPB. In hindsight not a good dea to run this monthly.

Armitage - art is limited, story uninspiring. Ho-hum.

H20 - yeh, this is classic thrills alright. Not read it before, so it really is an extra treat.

CWar - 'nuff said.

BBA - enjoyed this,as i knew little about the story of Battle in its later days.

Anyway, my scanning project goes on unabated. Scanned Dredd,Death, Devlin. Put Gold in the racks for later procesing & binned the rest after reading twice.
As for 2K, scanned Dredd, Caballistics & Durham Red (in the slender hope it will improve). Ditched the rest.

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Tiplodocus

I'd actually be interested in seeing an in-depth profile of some of the key 2000AD and Megazine writers and their previous works and what they've got up to since leaving 2000ad.  

A lot of the careers of Wagner, Mills and Grant has been covered by TPO and BBA (though I'd like to see some more critical analysis of their work) but what about, for example,  the Moore boys who didn't quite follow the same path.

I say this in preference to the suggestions about other comics because I never really read the other comics so a rotating list of "in issue 69, BILLY'S BACKYARD BOMBER was replaced by a new strip PETE'S PLYWOOD PANZER drawn by the argentinian Blanka" where I know nothing about the strips wouldn't be of that much interest to me.

Actually, both those strip names seem ideal for the upcoming SOLAR WIND war themed issue. I feel a pitch to PVS coming on....

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jared Katooie

Mediocre issue this time I think. Armitage was so-so.

Oddboy

Harry 20:Why would the andriod wait so long to reveal its self...?

This was possibly due to the way stories were written "back in the day"... with GFD making it up as he went along, and with the story remaining popular he had to find a way to continue the story passed what *could* have been the end.

Just a possibility.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

just got mine
BLOODY ACE.

recently the death has been entertaining/amusing.and none the worse for it. but i do look forward to a return to the evil once again at some point.

extinct. like this a lot. great art . good ideas. and decent story line

Devlin.getting a bit tired of it.will read again in one go. sure it will be mind blowing in that way.

ARMITAGE. back in spades . a top thrill. top art. excellent. the finest return of a character for ages.all is forgiven. great.

CW, no words. this is outstanding stuff.

DREDD.
it just does not get any better then this does it?
the art the story. the one liners,this is A DREDD CLASSIC,laughed and was impressed at the same time.bloody awesome.  

Harry. .liked it first time. like it this time.

Battle. never read comic but im very very impressed.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ukdane

The next ongoing feature series starts in 214, and it won't be a behind-the-scenes history ...

Oh, you tease!!!

Just promise that it has nothing to do with (reemploying) Roxilla!
Cheers

-Daney

jont

--Harry 20:Why would the andriod wait so long to reveal its self...?--

Why wouldn't he? He's being remote controled by the sadistic warden, who's no doubt pre-cumming to every tantalising minute.

Queen Firey-Bou

heres another question; can someone please ask Gordypie rennie what 'Untermuncher' is derived from, its bugging me i understand the rest with my german smattering & yes its all very funny, but what oh what is unter/ under muncher ?

can someone else ask him puleeeese, since i'm killfiled. hello ? anyone hear me ?

damn, vastards.

petemaskreplica

I think that'll be from Untermenschen (under-men), as in the opposite of Ubermenschen (over-men, or supermen)

-nietschemaskreplica

Slippery PD

You mena it has nothing to do with being a cunning linguist, you knowing german and all??

Yer Slips

The Monarch

As someone who has never read harry twenty and never knew that twist was coming...

FUCKING HELL!!!