Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

The other day I brought Rogue Trooper on Steam for my laptop PC.
I played previously on the PSTwo years ago and got stuck on the level where I had to defend a train.
Seeing if I fair better this time around.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I started Skyrim yesterday. Didn't hold out much hope, as I gave up on Oblivion a month or so ago after four or five hours play. Skyrim, though, is a grabber and much, much better. It seems to have taken on board the lessons of Fallout 3 (which I loved). So far, I've played Skyrim for 8 hours and it just gets better and better.
Lock up your spoons!

radiator

QuoteHotline Miami. That game be crazy. Incredibly addictive and oddly disturbing.

Well up for that, but I'm going to wait for it to hit XBLA or PSN.

Link Prime

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 02 April, 2013, 02:16:45 PM
I started Skyrim yesterday. Didn't hold out much hope, as I gave up on Oblivion a month or so ago after four or five hours play. Skyrim, though, is a grabber and much, much better. It seems to have taken on board the lessons of Fallout 3 (which I loved). So far, I've played Skyrim for 8 hours and it just gets better and better.

Oh Dr. X.....I dont know if I should envy or pity you.
Its a brillaint game, but will suck the life out of your, well, life!
I'm around 250 hours in, and still playing (since last April!)

JamesC

Quote from: radiator on 02 April, 2013, 02:41:16 PM
QuoteHotline Miami. That game be crazy. Incredibly addictive and oddly disturbing.

Well up for that, but I'm going to wait for it to hit XBLA or PSN.

Same here. Quite tempted by Retro City Rampage which has just hit XBLA though.

Goaty

Slender

Played it on my iPhone last night, bloody scary!

Radbacker

I dont play single player games however while i await Telstra to hit the button in their offices that makes my internet work in my new house (i dont bloody understand how it takes them two weeks to hook the net up when they dont even need to physically come round and hook anything up WTF!!!!) I decided to get BioShock Infinite, wow the 10's its been scoring are pretty deserved easily the best single player game i've played in the last 10 years.  I purchased it on Thursday and had finished by Sunday but damn i'm going to go through it again on Hard which i have never ever done for a modern game (used play through some of my Megadrive games multiple times but cant honestly think of any other game from PS era onwards that i've wanted to do that again).
wont go into spoilers but the end is mindblowingly arsom.

CU Radbacker

Keef Monkey

Finished Infinite last night too, it really is astonishing. Better than the original I reckon, although it has made me want to go back and play that again.

One (pretty major) niggle though, is that one of the big lessons Irrational said they'd learnt from the first game seems to have been forgotten because Infinite has one of the worst [spoiler]boss fights I've ever played. It's just a thoughtless spam-fest, and (on Hard at least) is just a sloggy chip-a-thon and incredibly frustrating. Doesn't seem to really fit the rest of the game stylistically either, and you have to repeat it four times. You fight the same terrible boss FOUR TIMES. The only thing that changes is the location. It's pretty unforgivable.[/spoiler]

So it's testament to how brilliant everything else in the game is that I DID forgive them and I'm sure I'll soon forget that stuff even happened. Until the next playthrough...

JamesC

The Walking Dead.

This was a really good game but I'm not sure it deserves all the 'game of the year' plaudits it's been getting.
The story was good but sometimes it was a little too talky. I found the combat elements quite frustrating too. My major bugbear was that it was just so dark. Even with the game set at full brightness and the brightness on my Tv turned up it was difficult to see things sometimes. If I hadn't had the help icons turned on I would never have even seen some of the important objects.
That being said though, it was a memorable experience and it was nice to play one of these point and click type adventures again.

There's lots of good stuff on XBLA at the moment and this is an area that Rebellion should really be looking at for exploiting their IPs in my opinion.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I've just finished FTL. I actually finished it. Ok it was on easy, but I still finished it, IT STILL COUNTS!
You may quote me on that.

Pete Wells

Quote from: JamesC on 06 February, 2013, 07:42:28 PM
I'm currently playing Spec Ops: The Line which is absolutely brilliant. I reckon I'm about halfway through and the way the story is progressing is great. If I could sum it up in one word it would be 'compelling'.

This game got fairly mixed reviews on release and I don't understand why. There were complaints about things like the cover system and control layout which I haven't had any problem with at all.

Wow, I've just completed this tonight and thought it was excellent. Well worth picking up, as James said, the story is cracking!

ThryllSeekyr

I just purchased Far Cry Three Blood Dragon on Steam and it didn't install. :(

JamesC

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 01 May, 2013, 04:08:10 PM
I just purchased Far Cry Three Blood Dragon on Steam and it didn't install. :(

Do you have the ordinary version of Far Cry 3 installed? Blood Dragon is just a DLC add-on I believe.

ThryllSeekyr

I have Far Cry One and Two on Steam but no Far Cry Three.

look Far Cry Three Blood Dragon on Steam and it says right at the bottom that playing the game does not require a copy of Far Cry® 3.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Picked up GTA: San Andreas for dirt cheap off Steam at the weekend. I loved the shit out of this when it first came out. I played it so much that the disc stopped working.

Getting used to playing this on a PC has been a tricky, but I think I've got the hang of it now. I had forgotten how much of a monster this game is. I'm starting to get a bit impatient with the early missions, I miss my old save where I had pretty much everything unlocked.

Still, it's fun for nostalgia. Today I hussled a lot of pool and souped up a sweet Low Rider.
You may quote me on that.