Main Menu

New 2000AD Binding from Prog 1

Started by matty_ae, 27 January, 2017, 04:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

Quote from: jpentz on 08 October, 2017, 10:41:52 AM
As my binding progresses, I'm thinking about dustcovers too. Do you know where I can find large quality files/scans  of the covers?

Hi fella

You can search google setting size as anything bigger than 2 meg (that's how I found the Glenn Fabry wraparound) or scan off a decent copier at 600 dpi. My issue with the spine was that it would crop the image so I couldnt risk using a 2000ad cover in case the binding cropped the 2 for example. You wouldn't have that issue with a dust cover.

matty_ae

I finally called it a day at prog 699
Based on:
- Necropolis is a good end to so many Dredd story strands
- All the stories finish including Horned God and Strontium Final Solution
- I ran out of time, money and decent progs

IndigoPrime

Any chance of a shot of the end papers?

matty_ae

They are just white and doubled-over to stop them being 'stuck' to the progs.
I'll take a photo

Dandontdare

I got a chance to take a look at these books at Lawgiver (at least I think that was you in the Ian Gibson queue!) and they really are a thing of beauty. I would have to buy a whole new run though as my early progs have all the star scans, competition coupons and random cool pages cut out of them!

matty_ae

Thanks for your kind words.

I've bought so many progs with pieces cut out of them.
Sometimes the whole centre spread missing.

That Ian Gibson queue was fun. Great guy.

matty_ae

sheridan

Quote from: matty_ae on 30 July, 2018, 11:44:19 AM

Some of my early progs were vandalised by an 8-year-old, who ripped posters off and blue-tacked them to the wall, cut out the Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper standees and the like.  If I had a time machine I'd have to tell the younger me not to do it!*

*after killing Hitler, of course.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 30 July, 2018, 05:38:36 PM
Quote from: matty_ae on 30 July, 2018, 11:44:19 AM

Some of my early progs were vandalised by an 8-year-old, who ripped posters off and blue-tacked them to the wall, cut out the Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper standees and the like.  If I had a time machine I'd have to tell the younger me not to do it!*

*after killing Hitler, of course.

...and before putting one penny into a bank account and buying a lottery ticket with the winning numbers, etc.